• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1st Project Hiding a Projector Screen!

Sleepycove

Standard Member
Hi one and all,

this will be my first major av project, and i have conviced the wife that getting a projector and screen only problem is she does not want ANY wires showing (this is not a problem) second problem is i have to place the screen and hide it so its not visible when not in use...
my thought was to place the screen infront of the window like a sort of blackout blind and make some sort of fake box work/pelmet or possible well i dont know haha HELP!!!

Any suggestions ?

ste15101989

I would have thought the best option would be to build a floating wall? It's likely to be the easiest option as well, whilst also looking extremely good.

There are a lot of floating wall projects in this DIY section, so definitely worth a look. One of then actually mounts the TV on the main solid wall and the floating wall therefore is flush with the front of the TV. Then the projector screen can pull down right infront of it all.

Plus, there won't be any wires visible at all.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom