1st Plasma purchase advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by bigmac1, Sep 26, 2004.

1. bigmac1

bigmac1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So I am getting ready to make my first plasma purchase and I need advice. I have been reading a lot of reviews and reading the posts here on AV Forum. I have narrowed the decision down to either Panasonic or Hitachi. I love the look of the new Panasonic Viera TH42PE30 but I don't know if it is worth the extra money over say the TH42PW6? Does it just look nicer on the outside or have they made definite improvements in picture? I also like the Hitachi PD425200 which seems to come with a few more freebies? I have got a Denon 2900 DVD player which I connect using component cables, plus I also have Sky, XBox and PS2 using Scart connections. My main concerns are what's going to provide the best picture at the best value for money? I was looking at possible future proofing with HDMI etc but I can't see me changing my DVD player any time soon so I don't think it is an issue any more? Any help would be appreciated please! :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    OK here we go again:
    Best VFM PAnny PW6 or PW7
    Easiest to use Panny PE30 Veira
    I reconmend PW7 with 3 component boards 1 for DVD, Xbox, PS2 and JS RGB>VGA box for sky+ (do you have an AV amp?) or get a 3-1 componet switcher BEST QUALITY.

3. bigmac1

bigmac1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the advice Hornydragon. I like the idea of value for money so I will look towards the PW7. In regards to the amp I currently have a Sony V555ES so should be fine. :)

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218