1st LCD purchase help

M

mrbcool

Hello

Read a fair few posts on here regarding LCD and still need some help please.

I need a TV for a new flat I'm moving to, so thought I'd go the LCD route as once moved out I wont have funds to upgrade in the next couple of years.
First I was going to spend a bit of a 32" but it seems LCD's arent cutting the mustard yet and its best to wait, correct?

Therefore I'm thinking of a 26-30" at around the £500-£650 price range.
I have a projector for watching DVD's on :) so I just want the TV for watching freeview TV and playing xbox. I'll prob get a xbox 360 in the future also.

Any recomendations, there seems so many screens out there at such different price points. Ebuyer 37" looks cheap for example, yes richersounds hardly have any and seem pricey for some reason?

I was under the assumption I should go for one with a HDMI port to ensure its future proof as if I buy a better TV in a few years this one would be moved to a bedroom.

If anyone can offer some advice for a LCD newbie I'd very much appreciate it.

If I was you I would get hold of one of these. Apparently the 27" is due in anytime soon. Around £550.

Samsung 27R41B 27" HD Ready LCD TV Mfr part #: LE27T51B

Visible Diagonal 27"
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Resolution 1366x768
Brightness 500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 800:1
Wall Mount VESA200 (MIS-E) compatible
<LI>Inputs: PC(D-Sub) HDMI Component (Y/Pb/Pr) SCART(2) S-Video Composite Video RF PC Audio In Audio Out Headphone

samlcdtv23t51b.jpg

Hope this helps. :D

thank you.

Would you still recomend Samsung brand after all these threads regarding 'tearing'?

I'll try and find out the response time for that TV also unless anyone knows it?

I would still recommend Samsung - even after the tearing issues.

Samsung are one of the few manufactures that actually make the glass for the panels and I feel that the issue with the tearing must have been a dodgy batch :( . There are also lots of people now saying that they have just purchased the same TV and cannot see any tearing issues at all. :confused:

I am just about to purchase the new 40" LCD when it comes out and cannot wait. :D

Samsung for me equals Great value without the "Star brand" name.

cool, thanks.

I tried a google search but could find it, will check on the Samsung site and find supplier.

Appreciate your replies.

mrbcool said:
I'll try and find out the response time for that TV also unless anyone knows it?

12ms

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom