1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Home Cinema Kit

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Armalig, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Armalig

Armalig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking some advice from you experts in this Home Cinema game.
    I have a 32" TV hooked up only to a std SKY digital dish. (no aerial connected etc) Was looking for DVD Home cinema kit to complement the std nicam sound from box. Pro-logic II I`m told converts nicam into the separate sound channels and sounds the biz ...?

Also I am assuming that all channels viewed thru my SKY setup could be therfor brought to life with this PLII option...

THinking of Panasonic SCHT900 . Have not read any bad reviews yet for this --ANy comment? ROom is farily big -approx 7 *4 meters Like good bass ...etc. Have around £400

Any suggestions or helpful info much appreciated...

2. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No expert more of a beginer like u but im in a similar position, have 28inch ws tv and freeview and im going to get the LG LH-D6530, it has all the features like dts, dpl2, dolby. It has 350W Total RMS output which is 5x 50w RMS satalite speakers and a 100W RMS subwoofer. I have a largeish room too and this should fill it nicely a friend oif mine said which knows about these things. Room is like 18x12 ft aprox.

Either this system or the panasonic scht500. If i had 400 to spare id try to get best all in one system so go with the 900 if u think its best.

3. Armalig

Armalig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for info

Can anyone reccommend a site or link to detail the setup of DVD cinema kit. eg Wiring --Best location for different room layouts etc etc
    Also i want predominantly to use the sound as PLII for my SKY package (not much DVDs ) what way does the cabling work....do i plug from DVD player to some terminal on digibox?...HELP!!!

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    try sony' site no room layouts but wiring diagrams