1st down to Panasonic AE900 + Sanyo Z4, and now threw in the Hitachi tx200 :confused:

cribeiro

Novice Member
The subject says it all... I have been doing my homework for the last few months (yes, I usually need a lot of time, and my old sharp is still kicking...), and narrowed down my choice to the Panasonic PT-AE900 or Sanyo Z4.

Today (after finding out that the Sanyo Z4 is ok for me because I won't feed any 480i signal :rolleyes:) I was completely decided for it..., only to find out I have been overlooking the Hitachi pj-tx200 :confused:.

And now comes the key point:

The Hitachi is about 100 euro cheaper here in Germany!!

I am going to do a lot of research now in the Hitachi (I am on holiday:cool:), but I welcome any input in the meanwhile:thumbsup: Of course, new suggestions are also welcome, as long as you don't stretch my budget (1200 euro max.)

Regards,

Alberto

richard plumb

do you want sharp, or smooth? If you want sharp, get the Hitachi - but make sure you sit a reasonable distance away, and feed it good stuff. If you want smooth, get the Panny

cribeiro

Novice Member
Thanks for the input. After reading carefully the three rewiews in cine4home.com, I again decided in favour of the Sanyo Z4. The small differences in the image quality are negligible (specially coming from a Sharp xv c20e :rolleyes:), but the Sanyo offers more flexibility, easy cleaning with the "Hurricane Blower", extended lamp life... and is the quietest of them. I am convinced it is the one that suits me best :clap:

The price of the Sanyo Z4 remains now stable in Germany, after a steady decrease... Dealers are probably doing this due to the announcement of the Z5, advancing a subsequent price drop as soon as the Z5 hits the market. That's my hope, at least:suicide: So I will squeeze the last hours out of my old PJ before getting the Z4;)

Now, and to make good use of my holidays, I will search for the proper calibration tools :confused: This hobby is getting more complex every day.

Regards,

Alberto

Top Bottom