1st attempt at long exposure revisited, and this time, with tripod!!

Prize78

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, well following on from my last batch of long exposures, which, frankly, were rubbish, i've got my Olympus dslr on a tripod this time, and this is what I got.....

PB201278.jpg

PB201279.jpg

Hopefully, these are significantly better. They're straight out the camera, so I may see if a bit of PP may improve them a bit too.

looks good but you need to get to an unlit stretch of road for the best effect , the colour balance on yours needs adjusting due to the effect of ( i suspect sodium ) the overhead lights :smashin:

Yeah, unfortunately i'm not sure where there's a good bit of unlit road with a bridge near me, so i'm stuffed on that front until I find one. However, i'm pleased with the results, especially compared to my last batch.

I like em the way they are, except i would have levelled the tripod or levelled them in PP and took a white card to adjust the WB manually.

Mark.

I'm just about to have a stab at a bit of PP....bear with me....

bloody cheek!!! ha ha....

Ha ha, ok......sorry boss!!! :devil:

I've tried a bit of PP, but I can't seem to do a lot with it?....any suggestions guys??

PB201278b by Prize78, on Flickr

Quick tweak of WB and Contrast - little exposure drop and colour saturation tweaked on Red... LR3

JIm

That's better mate. Not only do I need to get to grips with my camera, i need to get to grips with the PP'ing!!

That's better mate. Not only do I need to get to grips with my camera, i need to get to grips with the PP'ing!!

Try the demo version - 30 days - Lightroom 3 - you'll like it :thumbsup:

Jim

Yeah, i think i will mate. Are there any vaguely decent free ones? Is Picasa worth a look do you think?

Yeah, i think i will mate. Are there any vaguely decent free ones? Is Picasa worth a look do you think?

Picassa is definitely worth a look - gets some good recommendations but I've never been very comfortable with it :blush:

LR3 is actually pretty cheap (especially for what it does) if bought through the Adobe Educational Discount scheme if you have a family member at school/college etc...

Also check out "The Gimp" and "Paint.Net" both free

Jim

Very nice mate...i reckon this is the best version so far!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom