1k on Speakers

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by Dialatech, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Well i have posted in here before about speakers but now i have the right measures of my loft conversion and i would like some advice.My Room measures are as follows

Length 14FT
    Width 8FT
    Height 6FT

Well im going to buy the W1070 for my projector and i have already bought the Onkyo 616 AV Receiver.

So i have about 1k left for speakers.

I was looking at the Q Acoustics 2000i series but making this a 7.1 setup, but now im thinking all the reveiws on these speakers that i have read there says there are great for Music. I will not be using the speakers for Music at all.

Any advice would be great!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,195
    In my limited opinion, the Q Acoustic 2000 are very good for the money, but the bass response of the bookshelf speakers is somewhat limited. It is, more or less, on the upper edge of what is acceptable for music.

Now given that your budget is £1000 can we assume you are looking at the Q Acoustic package with the floorstanding 2050i in front?

One bit of advice would be to forgo the Q Acoustic Subwoofer. Relatively small for the money. Though there are many available, the BK Electronic represent very good value -

BK Electronics - Subwoofers

Any of these will serve you well, let your budget be your guide.

Others to consider, Wharfedale Diamond 100 series. Though the prices aren't at their lowest at the moment, you could certainly put together a nice system based around the Diamond 155 (~£499/pr). Though probably just a bit over budget.

The older Wharfedale Diamond 10 series are on close-out now, though stocks might be running low. SuperFi has the Diamond 10.4 with TWIN 5" bass drivers for a very modest £250/pr, others have them for about £300/pr. I think the larger Diamond 10.6 with twin 6.5" woofers are about £399/pr. The other necessary speaker are similarly discounted. That would be a nice system for a modest price, if you can find a complete set of component in the color you want.

The Monitor Audio BX5 are a bit over your budget, but well worth a look -

Monitor Audio Bronze BX5 AV - Quantum AV

The Dali Zensor 5 are also a bit over your budget, but again well worth a look -

Dali Zensor 5 5.1 Speaker Package at Audio Affair

Moving down a bit closer to your budget, the Acoustic Energy Neo 3 should hit all the marks -

Acoustic Energy Neo 3 V2 5.1 Speaker Package at Audio Affair

All that said, with the exception of the Subwoofer, the Q Acoustic 2050i 5.1 system should do a very nice job for you, and keep you just under budget.

Another suggestion, don't make your projection screen so big that you leave no room for the speakers. There are charts you can find on the Internet to guide as to the ideal screen size for the viewing distance.

Just one man's opinion.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Thank you for your advice BlueWizard.

I have a 92 inch Motorised Screen, i will take a look at your suggestions a bit closer later on tonight after work.

I have had a look at them speakers there are some great looking speakers, I'm in live with them acoustic energy speakers.

Regards
    Dialatech

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. S7M0N

S7M0N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I have the monitor audio br series, now the bx series. Paid about £450 for the br5 fronts bx centre & br2 (rears) second hand.... They are lovely speakers :)
    Si

5. sergiup

sergiup
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,160
    If you have the space, I would strongly recommend the Monitor Audio BX series or the Dali Zensor series, they're both very good speakers. You should really hear them both to make up your mind, they will almost certainly sound different to your ears and you're probably going to prefer one to the other.

If you can't buy all five speakers right now, then get the front three and use something temporary as surrounds (I've still got JBL Control 1s as surrounds).

On the other hand, since you're saying that you won't use these for music at all, you might prefer smaller speakers instead? Something like the Paradigm Millennia One or QAcoustics Q7000 are quite impressive given their smaller size.

6. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,195
    I assume you meant to say "I'm in LOVE with them Acoustic Energy speakers".

A lot of people here have and have heard the AE Neo 3 and they all seem very positive about them. In all the years on the forum, I've never heard a bad word against the Neo 3, but I have heard many good words, and most people comment about the good bass.

Certainly worth a look and a listen. They are available at a pretty fair discount right now. Not to long ago the price on just the Neo 3 front speakers was about £50 higher.

Steve/bluewizard

7. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Yep I meant love, stupid spell checker.

I'm looking at the 616 and the 515. But I'm not sure on each one to go for

8. mjbtin

mjbtin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +603
  9. Dialatech

Dialatech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Well i have just ordered my projector, so now im left with about 1k for the 616 receiver and a 5.1 speaker package but it must have all cables in the bundle. I have been looking at the 2000i speaker for this reason.

i can get the 616 receiver,5.1 speaker package. Fisual 30m speaker cable,10m Subwoofer cable.1m HDMI cable and 2 pairs of the soundstyle stands for £998 delivered

Would there be any better setups out there for this price?