1D and its first shoot

petrolhead

This was my first trip out with the 1D

One thing about this camera, a lot of photos are keepers so will have to spend more time sorting thro them :)

Its autofocus is very quick and a joy to use, perfect for Sport

These were shot at ISO800, 1/250 and f/4. All I have done is converted from RAW using RawShooter and Noise Nija with minimal sharpening plus resized

Please feel free to critque :)

gris1a.jpg

RY6W0536-01.jpg

RY6W0596-01.jpg

RY6W0646-01.jpg

RY6W0662-01.jpg

RY6W0759-01.jpg

RY6W0787-01.jpg

onefivenine

Those are awesome. Good to see you're enjoying the new body! They're all really high quality shots. I'd like to see more varied composition. After a while they look like 'mug shots' - very nice mug shots though! :smashin:

mark800

Distinguished Member
Brill photos. That it one thing I noticed with my 5D after my 350D is that I had so many more keepers.

petrolhead

Cheers guys :blush:

Those are awesome. Good to see you're enjoying the new body! They're all really high quality shots. I'd like to see more varied composition. After a while they look like 'mug shots' - very nice mug shots though! :smashin:
Thats the nature of the beast, we were in two different spots but there are only a few places you can safely stand without the marshalls getting hot and bothered

I did find a great spot when it would like like I was almost under the cars but there was tape everywhere :)

RY6W0706-01.jpg

RY6W0635-01.jpg

senu

Distinguished Member
Very sharp, colourful and... what can I say its almost like being there:thumbsup:

The certain monotony of subjects is obviously due to a restriction in mobility aoring the race track ... but that is comment rather than criticism

Excellent!:smashin:

BTW which lens did you use: the 24-105L??

petrolhead

I used the 70-200L f/4. I also took some panning shots with the 24-105L f/4 but have not looked at them yet, job for today

Chunder

Awsome stuff - very crisp, richly colourful, nice bokeh... the last one (Bogie/Paterson - 46) is my fave, as the motion blurred wheels and spewed out gravel make it look really dramatic!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom