• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

19LG3000- no output sound to Hi-Fi via phono leads?

klein

Standard Member
Hi all

justy a quick question.

We have attached a traditional red and white phone to phono stereo audio lead to the above TV and connected it to the auxillary on the hi fi amp so we can listen to tv through the hi-fi.

Sadly we cant get any sound. Are we being silly? I've checked audio settings on the TV are enabled to the output.

We are using the separate audio 'out' on the back of the tv. There is also a red and white phono 'audio out' on the side of the tv as part of the 5 way video connection. Should we try this instead?

Any thoughts appreciated.

regards

Klein

J4CK DANIELS

Established Member
Hi all

justy a quick question.

We have attached a traditional red and white phone to phono stereo audio lead to the above TV and connected it to the auxillary on the hi fi amp so we can listen to tv through the hi-fi.

Sadly we cant get any sound. Are we being silly? I've checked audio settings on the TV are enabled to the output.

We are using the separate audio 'out' on the back of the tv. There is also a red and white phono 'audio out' on the side of the tv as part of the 5 way video connection. Should we try this instead?

Any thoughts appreciated.

regards

Klein

Are you sure they are OUTPUTS?... the only outputs that LG have on their current range are Optical and/or SCART and/or Headphone.

klein

Standard Member
Oohhh!

I didnt think about that.

I assumed they were just like the red/white stereo phono connections you get on the back of the VHS players/DVD player/CD players etc for connecting to the main amp. Perhaps they are digital only and therefore I presume wont work as I intended. Can it be done another way or is my idea old hat now?

:confused:

klein

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
i'm sure that the side connectors are audio "in" for component,and the rear phonos are audio "in" for the pc connection..the only audio "out" would be the optical(which is for the freeview tuner",and a headphone socket,which you could connect,but might sound rubbish, through a hi-fi.

nik1h

Standard Member
Hi

I had same problem connecting to surround sound. Ended up getting a cable from maplins and using the headphone socket on the TV to the phono leads on the surround (hi-fi in your case) Worked

Nick

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom