1942/Raptor can anyone help?

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Hi all. I have been discussing these old games today and have the urge to acquire a game similar. Does anyone know of any new titles that are a similar game type to these arcade classics? I've seen a couple while searching that are of a similar nature but not quite the same.

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Well thought there may have been someone else who enjoys these type of games, vertical scroll shooter, worth a try anyhow. The search continues

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
I used to play a lot of shmups, however, recently the genre is in decline.

I believe that Ikaruga is now on STEAM. That is probably one of the best shoot em ups ever made, in the same league as Radiant Silvergun.

If you really want to play these type of games, then the best way is really through emulation on the PC. MAME emulation is fairly straightforward these days.

Kwman

Raiden collection was available on gmg a while back. Loved that game when I used to go to arcades.

simplicity96

Distinguished Member
Cheers guys I'll have a look at those. Thought about getting emulators for the older games but was hoping there may have been a newer more upgraded version I guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom