1941 (1979) Steven Spielberg - Any News On A BD Release?

IM35461

Established Member
Reaction score
Not everyone's cup of tea and a bigger hit in Europe versus the USA.

However being a big budget movie with music by John Williams it should look and sound very good on Blu-Ray.

Also, the humour in the film works better if you watch it more than once which is perhaps why the American's never liked it.

Any idea when a BD release may happen?

HummerUK

Quoting Barry Norman from Film 1979 Films of the Year: ' 1979 was the year the blockbuster went bust ' referring to Spielberg's "1941".

i loved 1941 and still do...i also love john belushi god rest his soul.bring on 1941 blu..but alas no news i know of yet..

Odd film. I really liked 1941 when it first came out, but haven't seen it in a long time. Considering it's supposed a comedy it doesn't actually make me laugh much, but the film looks spectacular and there are some amazing action scenes that wouldn't look out of place in an Indiana Jones film. I also feel rather nostalgic for the way ILM effects looked then.

The film was considered a major flop from a director who could do no wrong until then. It's far from Spielberg's worst film, but it's his most peculiar.

watched this again last night after not seeing since circa 1985. The theatrical version.

Really enjoyed it and its very underrated and needs revisiting, particularly by Spielberg himself.. would love to see this on blu... Its available on itunes in HD, otherwise DVD only and the longer version isn't even anamorphic.. but I have never seen this version and the DVD has a really bad picture, apparently.

May well pick up the 2 disc UK DVD as it has a 100 minute documentary on it. I am hoping the theatrical version has a better picture than the longer version.

Last edited:
can't find anything on what the itunes HD version is like - although getting that format is far too limited for me.

mmm comment says that the subtitles don't work on the itunes version!

dvd theatrical versions screens (apparently) - look good.

1941-dvd-screen-belushi.png

1941-dvd-screen.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom