192khz mystery.....

T

thomasmthering

I just would like to know if there is any computer related hardware that can actually respond to 192khz frequencies and if you don't know of one, what would you reccomend for the best dvd-Audio recordings?? :lesson:

drummerjohn

Are you trying to record at 192 or playback 192? If youre trying to playback DVDAudio there are only two alternatives and both are Creative - one being the Audigy and the other tth new Xfi

thomasmthering said:
I just would like to know if there is any computer related hardware that can actually respond to 192khz frequencies and if you don't know of one, what would you reccomend for the best dvd-Audio recordings?? :lesson:
The audigy can record at 96hz/24bit, I don't know of a card which can record at 192hz, I myself am looking for a card whcih can capture 6 channel audio, no luck though...most of them can only capture stereo audio...

The Dude

Distinguished Member
my Maudio FW410 will output stereo @ 192Khz, and comes with the handy benefits of 7.1 analog outputs, and 2x FW interfaces for if you have 2 PCs.. :)

I'm sure there are a few others out there too... there must be.
I'd be suprised if the RME 9632 wasn't 192Khz capable...

EDIT: forgot to add..

Neil Young : Harvest
Neil Young : On The Beach
Flaming Lips : Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

these are all I have on DVD-A so I'm no expert, but the Flaming Lips album should be the first one you buy IMO, regardsless of what stuff you like... A very very good example for the format :thumbsup:

drummerjohn

The Dude said:
my Maudio FW410 will output stereo @ 192Khz, and comes with the handy benefits of 7.1 analog outputs, and 2x FW interfaces for if you have 2 PCs.. :)

I'm sure there are a few others out there too... there must be.
I'd be suprised if the RME 9632 wasn't 192Khz capable...

EDIT: forgot to add..

Neil Young : Harvest
Neil Young : On The Beach
Flaming Lips : Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

these are all I have on DVD-A so I'm no expert, but the Flaming Lips album should be the first one you buy IMO, regardsless of what stuff you like... A very very good example for the format :thumbsup:
So are you saying you're playing DVDAudio discs through an MAudio card? If so what software? I'd be gobsmacked if you can as its illegal.

T

thomasmthering

I was actually wondering if the actual hardware will respond to input frequencies of 192khz. An example below from

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_gb/Audiophile192-focus.html

notice the frequency response...again, is there any pci interface hardware that will capture those 192khz frequencies?

main outputs
max output (balanced): +14dBu (3.9 Vrms)
max output (unbalanced): +8dBu (1.95 Vrms)
signal to noise ratio: -108dB @ 48kHz (a-weighted)
dynamic range: 109dB @ 48kHz (a-weighted)
THD + N: 0.0023%, 1kHz, -1dBFS @ 48kHz
frequency response: +/-0.1dB, 20Hz to 20kHz @ 48kHz
crosstalk: -105dB, 1kHz, channel-to-channel
impedance (balanced): 300 Ohms
impedance (unbalanced): 150 Ohms

T

thomasmthering

RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 PCI Card is a product that I found. A little more expensive that say SBA or x-fi, but it seems to actually have hardware to respond to 192khz frequencies so that they can be recorded. Anyone have any comments on that product or one very similar?

owain_thomas

what is it that you have that outputs 192khz digital signals which you want to record?

Trending threads

Top Bottom