1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1920x1080i or 1280x720p?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by figlio, May 17, 2004.

1. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought the Pioneer 868 and know I am going to buy a Domino30 HDMI.I went to demo the projector and took olso my dvd player with me to see it working with HDMI.First I tried it 1920x1080i and after I put it 1280x720p.I tought that the best resolution was going to be 1920x1080i but I prefered the 1280x720p.
    Olso when I used the component from the dvd to the projector the colors where nicer than when I used the HDMI.Did someone experienced this problem?the quality of the picture is better using the HDMI over component but was not that better maybe I was expecting a better picture or maybe there is something in the setup you can do to improve the picture.

2. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry not the picture the colors of the picture

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I also use the 868i at the mo,(till denon release the x1)
    and i find as well that the pic looks best at 1280x720p.

its because then you can drive the PJ in pixel x pixel mode and only do one lot of scaling at the DVD player.(matches PJs native res then)

Does deliver a great pic though

The colour issue is because you need to readjust contrast and brightness again, get it spot on and you will find HDMI will give a better pic and better saturated colours. I needed to give RED a slight push,

PIC is now awsesome

HDMI delivers a much cleaner PIC and better definition.
    edges are much sharper.
    But youll have to wait for HD-DVD to see a true jump in video quality.

4. Steve Stifler

Steve Stifler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    I have the same set up - 868 and 30H. As Ganley says, using pixel2pixel at 1280X720 seems to give the best picture. Not sure I saw much difference between the two. Not pushed red to improve it at home as it looked very good anyway. Its the resolution improvement you get with HDMI that make the biggest difference. Try Avia and the resolution test patterns, which give much more detail switching from component to HDMI. Even when using component progressive, HDMI gave more detail in the picture. This translates into better picture displayed on your screen.

Enjoy your set up
    Jez

5. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your help. The picture is better with HDMI.There is more definition
    now I have to try with pixel to pixel and I tell how I have seen it.