1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1920x1080 plasma.?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by the klang, Sep 9, 2005.

1. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    im going to skip the made rush for a 720p screen and go for a 1920x1080 screen.some people say there is no point at this time because there is no 1080p material out there yet,but i bet as soon as they have sold all of there 768 or 720 line screens all the 1080p stuff will start coming out and all of us that have spent grands on our setups will be sitting there trying to convince ourselfs that we don't care if there is another version of our most loved films thats better than the one we have now.
    so can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i might find a screen of that resolution?

any help would be great!!

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
  3. the klang

the klang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks mate!
    i like what you said at the end of the thread about the cheep as chips plasmas,its nice to hear that im not the only one that parted with £9,000 ish
    for a screen that you can pick up now for £3500.
    i have friends that sit there talking about popping down to tescos and picking up a plasma for £900 and grinning at me and asking agian HOW MUTCH DID YOU PAY FOR YOURS ha ha ha.
    then the same people ring me up 2 weeks later asking if that £900 screen is as good as mine or better and what would i buy if i had £900 spare.
    (you get what you pay for), is my normal answer.
    thanks again.