1917 (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

just got dispatched email now

Mine arrived today. With the delay in post and no deliveries on a Saturday, a knock on the door and it’s here a few days early.

Arrived today, it’s a beauty :)
DAAB0130-5B7B-43C5-890E-E4E601FCED4C.jpeg

I'm really hoping more of these are put in stock soon, I completely forgot to order one before they sold out, and these pictures look great.

I'm really hoping more of these are put in stock soon, I completely forgot to order one before they sold out, and these pictures look great.

You still have Europe, just in case...
But then again, this will pop back up soon from cancellations etc...

I enjoyed the film but not sure how often I'd watch it so will wait for a price drop on the steel or pick one up second hand

Saw this last night and i was so impressed. Not like any other war film I've ever seen. How involved in the moment you feel is completely unreal.

Not digging this steel though. I don't need 3 titles :rotfl: if it ends up being debossed or something with a great finish, maybe. Otherwise it'll be one of the rare 4k amaray purchases for me!

I really like this steel. It's simplistic in design but stylish with it. Very striking IMO.

And the movie was awesome. I loved how it was filmed almost as one continuous real-time documentary with the viewer being the third (unseen) person filming the action. Everything you see in this movie is from the perspective of this third-person view which follows both soldiers from the start . If one person goes off then you don't see what happens to the other, adding realism to the scenes. Even action scenes are completely shown from this third person angle.

It makes the movies completely unlike anything else I have ever seen. A very memorable, moving and beautifully shot and acted movie.

I loved how it was filmed almost as one continuous real-time documentary with the viewer being the third (unseen) person filming the action.
There are a few other movies which take this approach. Birdman (2014) is another popular example. However, most of these are made up from a number of smaller shots which are stitched together by VFX to make them appear continuous. Regardless of the technicalities, 1917 is still a great movie.

You might want to check out Victoria (2015) which is a genuine 138 minute one-shot crime thriller filmed in a live city. They only had budget for three attempts and got it on the third attempt. No pressure!

There are a few other movies which take this approach. Birdman (2014) is another popular example. However, most of these are made up from a number of smaller shots which are stitched together by VFX to make them appear continuous. Regardless of the technicalities, 1917 is still a great movie.

You might want to check out Victoria (2015) which is a genuine 138 minute one-shot crime thriller filmed in a live city. They only had budget for three attempts and got it on the third attempt. No pressure!
Also Russian Ark.

Nabbed a copy earlier! Looking forward to this beaut :love:

grabbed a copy,missed the initial release :thumbsup:

Yep same, just prefer it overall to the amaray and hmv digibook releases.
Definitely. I was going to go for the amaray initially, but the finish on this one changed my mind. Also genuinely despise the way some studios put "ultra hd + bluray" logos on the spines, ruins it.

Dispatch email! Hopefully a weekend delivery if I'm lucky :)

Dispatch email! Hopefully a weekend delivery if I'm lucky :)

Were you lucky then? Most of us seem to have had the money taken but still no movement, probably more chance of a cancellation email than a dispatch one at this rate! :rolleyes:

Were you lucky then? Most of us seem to have had the money taken but still no movement, probably more chance of a cancellation email than a dispatch one at this rate! :rolleyes:
Alas, i was not lol charge cleared on my CC and dispatch email, but yet to receive it. Which doesn't surprise me, my Maleficent 2 order took a week to get me post dispatch a few weeks back

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom