1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1910 vs Limit 900se

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by neal666, Feb 12, 2005.

1. neal666

neal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ok i am after a dvd player to go with my panasonic pw7 plasma and denon 2810 AVR, now i would like the denon 2910 but dont really want to spend that much on a dvd player so the next best thing is the 1910, would look nice with my AVR but i have had mixed reviews about the denons performance and alot of people are raving about this limit 900se

what are the good bad point between them and which is better ????

which would you choose?

p.s is there anything else in that sort of bracket which is better?

2. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can buy a limit 900se for £100 no postage costs and return it after 7 days if you dont like it but you will. its heavy and built better than the denon imho,the sound is fantasic as is the picture also plays DVD A see PLAY.CO .UK. will be as good as the denon i think in picture, and much better in musi cd/ soundtracks only my opinion though. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I would agree with abnett, I've had mine for nearly a year and recommend it with out any reservations, and it's excellent with CD's too.

:thumbsup:

4. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Bet it doesnt upconvert to 1280 x 720 & send it digitally & without loss over a DVI connection ?

5. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Areveiw mentioned the chepie denon is so so for sound so its what is important to you that is important if like me your on a small budget then buy a good chepie and wait the dvd prices are getting lower every month ,the limit is half price to what a lot paid a few months ago and is worth its original cost ONLY IN MY OPINION though. :p :D

6. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    The last range of Denon players had a low end model that was just the same model as a Hitachi which in itself was a recased chinese cheapie. The lower end Denons are just high margin low cost products to earn Hitachi more money. Like many big jap companies they have pulled out of manufacturing low cost items themselves and simply rebrand other people's products. Mid price to high end stuff are true Denon/Hitachi products but the bottom end stuff is bought in on the cheap or at least was for last years range and I suspect the same will be true of this years.