1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1910 destructive dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sc1977, Oct 30, 2004.

1. sc1977

Jul 16, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    having read good feed back on the denon 1910 dvd player i decided to get one

scanned through a couple of discs and i seemed quite impressed so i thought id sit down and watch one all the way through blade 2 was a good choice as its got a great dts soundtrack, ok so i insert the disc and the menu comes up and there is this clicking noise so i stopped the disc and started it up again no menu this time just a lot of clicking so i took out the dvd to my horror the player has broken the inside of the disc
    now at first i thought the disc must have been trodden on by one of the kids or somthing so i tried out a brand new disc treasure planet the same thing happend with the clicking so i ejected it quickly only to find the disc had been scratched

does any body know what causes this sort of thing to happen as i would like to know

im on holiday for two weeks as of monday so as soon as i get back ill be returning it to av-land does anyone know what their after sales service is like
    and if any one has had problems with returns with them

many thanks