1906 novice setup help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by chrishubb, Aug 13, 2006.

1. chrishubb

chrishubb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hope you can help me, i have connected

sky hd to sony bravia kdl-s40a12u
    sky hd to 1906 optical
    panasonic dmp-e85 component to amp to component tv
    pan to 1906 optical
    yellow phono from monitor out amp ot tv for on screen
    canton cd101 for sound

how do i setup playstation or video camera to front of amp? i have optical for sound, if i use yellow phono for picture where and which leads go to the tv from amp. hope this makes sence. any better wireing setups? complete novice. thanks ps in digital assign there are only 2 optical, i assume for the back 2 how do you assign the front one

2. andykn

andykn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    I think that the front optical connector is already assigned to V AUX, the front panel input, and can't be changed, so you don't need to assign it yourself.

I think the 1906 should be able to switch HD Component signals, so you should be able to connect Video cables from all your equipment also to the 1906 and let the 1906 switch it all.

3. chrishubb

chrishubb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for reply. i have swaped phono to svid and the pstation is now working fine also optical sound ok ta

4. bennos

bennos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm another novice to the AVR-1906. Just setup the Denon AVR-1906 at home but have to play around with it.

I have all my video signals connected to the plasma instead of connecting it to the avr-1906. I did however connect AV4 on the plasma to the amp, so I can use the screen setup display. Please clear up something for me.

Why connect through the amp when you can connect directly to the source (plasma or monitor)? Will connecting component - amp - plasma instead of component - plasma cause lose of pq?

Don't know if it matters but the plasma is a HD?

5. andykn

andykn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    In theory you could get a small loss of PQ, but you're the best person to be able to judge that - try it for yourself.

The benefit is that you only need to use one remote to switch between sources, the 1906 one. Connect the component output of the Receiver to the Plasma component in and leave the Plasma on that input.

The Denon may be better at converting Composite or S-Vid to component than your plasma, but it won't handle RGB so if you have RGB SCART stuff, you may be better off plugging those directly into the Plasma.