19" widescreen monitors with HDMI ?

moler

Standard Member
I'm looking for a 19" widescreen monitor with an HDMI socket, the smallest I can find so far is 22".

Anyone know any?

Cheers

Ady :)

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Any monitor with a DVI socket will accept an HDMI signal using an HDMI to DVI cable. You won't get sound, but most people don't want the generally poor monitor speakers handling sound.

If you don't mind Samsung the SM932MW has what you're looking for.

fortean

Novice Member
A monitor with a HDMI input should have a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080 so that full HD images can be displayed. The number of pixels and their size determines the overall size of the monitor. To make a 19" monitor of this resolution would require smaller pixels which will increase the cost. The monitor I have has HDMI and is really 21.5" size.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
A monitor with a HDMI input should have a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080 so that full HD images can be displayed. The number of pixels and their size determines the overall size of the monitor. To make a 19" monitor of this resolution would require smaller pixels which will increase the cost. The monitor I have has HDMI and is really 21.5" size.

Nonsense, HDMI is just a connection standard, it's got nothing to do with the content you display on the screen.

fortean

Novice Member
Nonsense, HDMI is just a connection standard, it's got nothing to do with the content you display on the screen.

Note the word 'should' or perhaps for people like you we will all now have to preface our comments with "in my opinion".

In my opinion you should have not wasted your time with such a pointless comment when you could have provided further assistance/advice to the OP.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Note the word 'should' or perhaps for people like you we will all now have to preface our comments with "in my opinion".

In my opinion you should have not wasted your time with such a pointless comment when you could have provided further assistance/advice to the OP.

You don't have any idea why moler wants an HDMI connection - he may not like wires and be trying to combine audio and video and one, he may want to connect a low resolution device like a games console, he may want to have a screen that can occasionally be used for a source designed for a TV or he may want something to connect a blu-ray or other 1080p source too.

Only in the last case 'should' you get a 1920x1080 monitor, in the other uses it would either be a possible option with cons as well as pros or would be simply detrimental and a bad choice.

Perhaps I should have explained this in my previous post but I felt I only needed to correct a statement that could easily be misinterpreted.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom