19" Grundig combi for mums room?

Greek Enigma

Standard Member
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5296644/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|14419512/c_2/3|15701169|Televisions|14419667/c_3/4|cat_14419667|TV+DVD+combis|14419672.htm

i know ive done 3 posts
its cause we need 3 tvs (living,bed,bed)

ok this is for my mums room

she wants a 19" combi (dvd built in)

was going to get this from argos but out of stock £130

but ive noticed cheap no named stuff like below (should i stay clear of makes like this?
DGM 19 Wide LCD TV with DVD Card Reader and USB - Misco.co.uk

PS AM I SEARCHING THE BEST WAY FOR PRICES?
I JUST TYPE WHAT I WANT IN GOOGLE HIT SHOPPING THEN SORT BY LOWEST PRICE

PS WHATS GOOD CHEAP WEBSITES AS ALL I KNOW IS

comet
currys
pc world
play
amazon

and thats about it

thankyou for taking the time to read my frustration :confused::)

vickster

Grundig is probably no named Vestel rebadged stuff too, no better or worse than the Supermarkets. Look at Technika in Tesco or Emotion in Sainsburys, plus eBuyer. May as well check eBay too.

No £130 DVD combi is going to offer stunning viewing just acceptable occasional viewing. The Misco one will fir the bill. Be aware that these really cheap TVs normally have poor viewing angles, ok if viewing straight on

vickster

I think probably yes

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
LG 19"LU7000 4th set down LCD TVs | Flat Screen Televisions | Richer Sounds
Bit more money but a good make and reduced.

taken from the sites product details:

The LG 19LU7000 is a flat screen LCD TV with a DVD player stylishly built-in.

LG are one of the leading manufacturers of LCD TVs and, after watching the 19LU7000, its experience shows. Being HD Ready, this LG TV/DVD combi has a superbly detailed picture quality with life-like realism. LG's famous XD Engine also provides powerful processing power to enhance all aspects of the picture quality.

When it comes to sound quality, the 19LU7000 features many enhancements. Clear Voice 2 makes dialogue easier to follow, especially against busy soundtracks. SRS TruSurround XT gives a boost to the sound quality and there are no fewer than five sound equalisation modes to hone the sound to your exact requirements.

Of course, half the reason for buying the LG 19LU7000 is the DVD player; and what a player! Looking very slick at the front of the TV, the DVD player isn't just far easier to use than most, side-mounted players, it's also a high quality item designed to get the most out of the TV. With progressive scan and 720p upscaling you'll be able to view your current DVDs in glorious high resolution.

Although highly self-contained, the 19LU7000 has plenty of sockets for other sources. Twin HDMI sockets are ideal for a Blu-ray player and PS3, whilst the two SCARTs, component and PC inputs look after older, analogue, sources. A USB socket lets you connect media players and an optical digital output means you can connect the portable TV/DVD combo up to a digital home cinema system.

With the DVD player forming part of the desktop stand, the LG 19LU7000 is superbly stylish and the ideal TV for a study or bedroom. For stylish, high quality visual entertainment, trust LG to deliver the goods!

*Requires mounting at least 5cm from wall.

Last edited:

Greek Enigma

Standard Member
LG 19"LU7000 4th set down LCD TVs | Flat Screen Televisions | Richer Sounds
Bit more money but a good make and reduced.

taken from the sites product details:

The LG 19LU7000 is a flat screen LCD TV with a DVD player stylishly built-in.

LG are one of the leading manufacturers of LCD TVs and, after watching the 19LU7000, its experience shows. Being HD Ready, this LG TV/DVD combi has a superbly detailed picture quality with life-like realism. LG's famous XD Engine also provides powerful processing power to enhance all aspects of the picture quality.

When it comes to sound quality, the 19LU7000 features many enhancements. Clear Voice 2 makes dialogue easier to follow, especially against busy soundtracks. SRS TruSurround XT gives a boost to the sound quality and there are no fewer than five sound equalisation modes to hone the sound to your exact requirements.

Of course, half the reason for buying the LG 19LU7000 is the DVD player; and what a player! Looking very slick at the front of the TV, the DVD player isn't just far easier to use than most, side-mounted players, it's also a high quality item designed to get the most out of the TV. With progressive scan and 720p upscaling you'll be able to view your current DVDs in glorious high resolution.

Although highly self-contained, the 19LU7000 has plenty of sockets for other sources. Twin HDMI sockets are ideal for a Blu-ray player and PS3, whilst the two SCARTs, component and PC inputs look after older, analogue, sources. A USB socket lets you connect media players and an optical digital output means you can connect the portable TV/DVD combo up to a digital home cinema system.

With the DVD player forming part of the desktop stand, the LG 19LU7000 is superbly stylish and the ideal TV for a study or bedroom. For stylish, high quality visual entertainment, trust LG to deliver the goods!

*Requires mounting at least 5cm from wall.
LMFAO

no lie i looked at that tv earlier today

as i remember buying from richard sounds when i was a teen (the one on the edge of the road in croydon)

but im thinking about these
what you think?
Emotion 23" Full HD 1080p LCD TV with DVD Player and USB Pause/Record Feature - All televisions - Televisions - Technology - Sainsbury's
or
Foehn & Hirsch 22 inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV DVD.. | Ebuyer.com
or

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
LMFAO

no lie i looked at that tv earlier today

as i remember buying from richard sounds when i was a teen (the one on the edge of the road in croydon)

but im thinking about these
what you think?
Emotion 23" Full HD 1080p LCD TV with DVD Player and USB Pause/Record Feature - All televisions - Televisions - Technology - Sainsbury’s
or
or

I'd not go with an own brand, LG will be better as own brands use cheap cheap parts.

Dont know the F&H brand sorry.

Trending threads

Top Bottom