1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19" Dell W1900 LCD TV-Monitor

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by nealgs, Sep 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm in the process of finding a couple of LCD TV's (lucky me :) ) One will be for the kitchen so 17"-20" or so, and one will be going in the kids playroom, so looking at 26" - 32" (not sure which size suitable for viewing distance of 8feet or so)

I've been looking at www.aria.co.uk for the above mentioned Del W1900 display. Has anyone bought one of these, or seen one in the flesh and can give me a bit of feedback on image etc.

Both screen will be located on opposite sides of a partition wall, with the room containing the larger LCD housing the Sky box (multiroom) etc. The feed from this will need to be fed to both large LCD and smaller LCD somehow

any help appreciated
    Cheers
    Gary

2. RockySpieler

RockySpieler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    I saw Dell had a 20% sale recently, so I used the search facilities to check out previous posts on this model.

I am not too unkind................to suggest you do the same.

It has 25ms response, this is very poor. You need 12ms minimum for action/sports on TV, 8ms is good especially for Games machines, or PC use.

According to the previous posts I do not think it is HD Ready, I stand to be corrected (Probably no component input).

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi RS,

cheers for the pointer - didn't try the search facility due to completely forgetting about it being available.

Results are inconclusive though, as well as being 5mths old postings. Was hoping for a more upto date response assuming that more people may of purchased the unit recently.

Gary

4. stripe

stripe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I've had mine for a few months now, and I'm very happy with it. I thought the response time for it was 16ms, though I haven't had any problems with ghosting and sports and action movies always look good. I also have played games on it with both the PS2 (composite) and PC (DVI) and I have had no reason to complain with the PS2 and the picture was great from the PC.

I run Sky+ throught the PC to the native resolution for MCE. I've also had the DVD player hooked up to it via component and the image was excellent.

My wife loves the looks of it, so much so that we are looking into buying another one for the bedroom.

5. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers stripe, that's the kinda post I was describing :)

All it ill be used for is in the kitchen, as we think a 17" maybe a bit to small, and most of the 20" jobbies are either not widescreen or or only 640x480 resolution.

We intend hooking up Sky (multiroom) and possible the feed from a DVD player which will be also feeding the larger LCD in the other room (yet to figure out best way to do this)

regards
    Gary