1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19" DELL Ultrasharp 1905FP DVI monitor

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Ikki, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Aria (www.aria.co.uk) have them for £229. Superb monitor, brilliant bargain.

So good, I bought one myself. :thumbsup:

2. Tee Tee

Tee Tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Just ordered one, too. :clap:

3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Aria are all sold out of 1905FP's for the moment according to their web site.

Aria sell Dell's surplus stock and they still have the 1905FP's predecessor, the
    1901FP which is very similar, at £210.33 and is another bargain, considering what you are getting for the money.

4. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    according to reviews the 1901 has a terrible response rate although its unspecified on reviews sights. not for the gamers I feel. The 1905 has a 20ms response rate. All of which makes the 16ms job at £240 seem much better http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184797

5. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    rozzar,

Response rate isn't everything. Monitors with a response rate of 25ms or lower are fine for gaming and the 1901FP has a response rate to 25ms.

There is a good reason why these monitors are usually much more than the Aria/Digimate montior that you have linked to.

IMAGE QUALITY and COLOUR RENDITION

I have seen the Digimate and while they are ok for a cheap monitor, the Dells (both 1901FP and 1905FP) are streets ahead where image quality and colour rendition are concerned.

You get what you pay for, and while the 1901FP is a slightly older screen, it still beats the pants off the Digimate. :)

Just check out Aria's reply to a customer question about the Aria/Digimate 19" monitor:

Note: the iiyama has a response rate of 23ms.