1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18ms response time enough for watching soccer

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by supertwister, Aug 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. supertwister

supertwister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!!

I am planning to buy Philips 32PF7320 which has a 18ms response time. Will it be motion blurring problem while watching soccer??

What is the optimum response time for soccer...

Thanks all,

2. Ettepet

Ettepet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I would go look in a shop to compare screens. Chances are you will find 18ms to be too slow. LCD-screens are infamous for their bad performance at watching soccer. Currently only few of them manage to pull off anywhere near a decent result (Samsung LExxR41/51 are among those).

3. ian1969uk

ian1969uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Philips has a 16ms response time. Watching soccer is fine. There is a VERY slight blur, but ONLY if you actively look for it. If you just watch the game, it's very enjoyable.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Don't fixate on the numbers game - it's generally meaningless. A useful guidline, but never a measuring stick.
    The electronics that drive the panel have as big a part in the lag you're so concerned about as does the panel itself.
    A well designed 12ms panel will look every bit as good, if not better, than a poor/average attempt with 8ms glass.
    You really need to be see the units in the flesh before buying anywhere.