18"/45cm Speaker stands for B&W 685s2

Fox0i0i0i

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for a recommendation/suggestions on speaker stands for a pair of 685s2s

They need to be 18"/45cm in height and I'm struggling to find some. I have some wiggle room for the height but this is just about the max height (including Speakers they need to be about 90cm max).

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

J

13.5" high + 18" Stands = 31.5" or 800mm.

The tweeters are very close to the top so I'm going to guess the center of the tweeter is down about 1.5", using the above numbers, that would place the Tweeter at 30" or 762mm.

Sitting laid back in a chair, my ear is about 40" to 42" above the floor. (1016mm to 1066mm)

30" (762mm) doesn't even come up to my chest.

Can you explain why you need that particular height for the speakers? (90cm max)

I'm not challenging you, but understanding why adds context and can help us help you find a solution.

How handy are you, or do you know anyone who has decent wood working tools. If you needs are unique, then perhaps some custom made stands might be the answer.

Most speakers stands are made in a variety of sizes, however, most dealers only stock the most common sizes. I would find a speaker stand you like, then check with a dealer or on the Manufacturer's website to see if it is possible to order some in a smaller size.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom