• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

17 New Sony Bravia Models Unveiled

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Already covered by other thread,but anyway the aanouncement covers US but also the models will come to UK maybe with some different names

sjw

Where is the other thread? One must have been deleted too. I saw one (and posted in) about the new Sony range but can't find it..:confused:

brobro

Already covered by other thread,but anyway the aanouncement covers US but also the models will come to UK maybe with some different names

Chris, you seem to be quite knowledgeable. Is there any prediction on the time span in which these models will arrive on the (European) market?

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I suppose they ll come in summe but more possibly august/september

T

THE-FOULMOUTHED-ONE

Hope the new models don`t turn out like the new X series , so many faults :eek:

marty2005

Every manufacturer has new tv's out for 2008.

We all read the CES 2008 blogs.

This year seems to be thinner (frames and depth) and wireless connection.

Malev

Every manufacturer has new tv's out for 2008.

We all read the CES 2008 blogs.

This year seems to be thinner (frames and depth) and wireless connection.

YEah I heard a rumor of LG totally frameless LCD set, but does not seem to have appeared at CES......Just some plasma thats not even really frameless in the end lol. Maybe next year eh :nono:

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
The thread were posted on the day of the announcement if I remember well,I ll search and post again

sjw

The thread were posted on the day of the announcement if I remember well,I ll search and post again
Yes I remember it - I posted in it too. When I saw this I actually thought it would be deleted as a duplicate - but I can't find any sign of the original. My post from my History is a dead link too..:confused:

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Also I cant find it,very strange!

marty2005

Just search google for ces 2008, everything is on the blogg sites.

LG have a 52" lcd out this year with wireless so you can stream from your network/nas/pc but not wireless hdmi.

mickus66

So, one would assume that most of these models are for replacing exsisting sets and there'll be an intrim period when they will sit along side current models as they get phased out. So consumers will be faced with the following series:

U,S,D,P,T,M,N,V,W,X,Z. (have I missed any out?)

Then you've got all the model variants.

Are Sony deliberately trying to confuse their customers? :rolleyes:

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Propably D series will replaced by (32X?),also M,N series will be for US only maybe,as they also dont have U,P,T series

jah

Did any of AVForums representatives at CES 2008 get any interesting information on what improvements the new Bravia Engine 2 will bring?

Thanks in advance,

jah

avie9

Standard Member
The June/July UK release dates sound right if they are going on sale in the US in Spring - in 2007 the new models went on sale 2 to 3 months after they went on sale in the US.

I presume that Sony will want to cash in on the market for new TVs in the run up to the Olympics, so wont want to delay the release of the 2008 models much beyond the end of June.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom