1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 minute bug woes

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by gilesm, Feb 24, 2005.

1. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, I've got a series 1 Sky + box that I upgraded about 6 months with a 250Gb Maxtor harddrive. Generally everything has been ok, except twice now.

The first time (before Christmas) I was watching top gear recorded with about 65% free, and got about 45 minutes through and wanted to skip back, so went back 30* speed, and hey presto found my self at the 17 minute marker immediately. Tried to fastforward ok at 12*, but then went to 30* and again back to the 17 minute marker. I could watch it ok, just not fast forward or rewind at top speed. This is just an annoyance.

Then the other night went to watch Get Carter I recorded at Christmas. It was recorded with 45% free. Watched this fine for about 45 minutes (dad comes home to party and kicks every one out), and then it froze completely, rewinding took me back to 17 minutes, fast forwarding at slow speed was ok, until exactly the same point - the timer at the bottom constantly read 17 minutes.

Now I've checked other recordings and they're ok, which is really odd, thought I would get to a point on the disk and that would be it. Anyway is this expected behavoir.

I know there's nothing I can do about it, but the Get Carter incident was more than annoyance - and I've never seen it before so I've no idea what happens still !!!! Have to go and get it on DVD.

2. uk_jih

uk_jih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello,

My V1 box does a similar thing occasionally.

The only thing to do is delete all of the recordings that have the 17 minute bug and carry on.

3. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    I normally do a housekeeping and that sorts it out.Only had it once and that was about a year ago.

4. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Housekeeping? Whats that? Is it a Sky + function? Does it go through and look for bad recordings, or is something you do manually?

5. uk_jih

uk_jih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Services 4,0,1,select and it is option 7 (Sky+ planner rebuild)

Don't look at the screen as you press the buttons for this option, it is a hidden menu.