17" LCd Monitor or TV - advice please

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by del_86, Nov 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. del_86

del_86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    :hiya:

My current crt monitor in the spare room is being used for my pc and xbox.
    I'm currenty looking to upgrade to a 17" lcd, but would like to use it to watch TV, as well as accessing the pc and xbox.
    The question i have is -
    would i be better of with a 17" lcd pc monitor and buy a TV tuner (such as the Aver Media TV box 9) or simpy go for a 17" LCD TV?
    The other thing i have noticed is most LCD TV's come in widescreen format (1200x768) rather than the standard 1200x1024.
    Does this make any difference if using it with a pc or playing xbox games?
    I've done a bit of research on the web, and although i have picked up the basics, there are so many options i'm a tad confused.

As the LCD would be used to play games, i'm presuming it would need a response time of at least 16ms, or quicker ??

Any advice would be much appreciated and i would love to here from anyone who has done something similar, or would simply like to recommend a product to buy

Cheers

2. sparkz

sparkz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after the same thing for my son. Instead of TV I'll be using Sky (fed from another location).

The problem I have at the moment is finding something with the right connections. To be on the safe side I think I'm going to ask the manufacturers what they recommend.

I'll let you know what I find...