1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17" LCD (IDTV) to mount on the Bedroom wall

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by pasty, Sep 6, 2005.

1. pasty

pasty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to put a 17" LCD with (in-built) Freeview on 1 of the walls in our Bedroom.
    The 4 models that have caught my eye are

Toshiba 17WLT46
    Humax LGB-17DTT
    Goodmans GLCD17DVB2
    Wharfdale LCD1710AF

Has anyone got any views on these? :smashin:

As it will be wall mounted, are all the parts contained within 1 unit ?

Thanks
    Paul

2. Pogster

Pogster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have been asking the same question. i am also interested in the Wharfedale 17" to mount on my bedroom wall, the freeview and the price seems to have convinced me. however i can not find any reviews and nobody on this forum has given me any info on it. looks like i am going to buy it this week or the next

3. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
  4. GPF

GPF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could also do with an answer to this!

I'm looking for a small office TV.

I've seen an LG (no digital tuner)

http://uk.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...Id=01&modelCodeDisplay=RZ17LZ40&model=NOTHING

which looks suspiciously like the screen in the Humax, it appears to have a more detailed picture with less motion blur than certain other screens (though of course the quality depends how they're set up in the showroom and though I live in a small town there are not one but two independent dealers both seemingly competent but neither having a wide range of kit).

The Toshiba doesn't *appear* to have RGB SCARTS unless I've misread the brochure.

There's also a JVC

http://www.jvc.co.uk/product.php?id=LT-17D50BK&catid=100088&lid=

which also looks quite promising. Also looks a bit similar, maybe the same screen again?

Problem is either finding anyone who's got one, or finding more than one maker's kit on display to compare

<sigh>

5. janesprog

janesprog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya
    New to this site - but have also just ordered a Wharfedale 17" with internal digibox - so will post back review once set up and we've had chance to assess.
    Cheers
    Janesprog

6. pasty

pasty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was going to go for the Wharefdale LCD1710AF, but this TV must be selling well........ All the Branches around Bristol are sold out of this TV. You cannot either order it from the Argos website as it has sold out there aswell...........

7. janesprog

janesprog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not surprised it is sold out everywher as it is FAB - really crisp / clear picture - my husband is a tv engineer and he's impressed despite being cynical when I first found it as it seemed too good value to be true.
    Very slow on channel changing - think it usually takes about 4 seconds from pressing the button to changing - but thats ok if you plan in advance!!!!

8. GPF

GPF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fact there seem to be very few stocks of *any* 17" screens of any makes anywhere.

Judging by comments made here and elsewhere the Wharfedale appears to be excellent value for money.

IF they exists . . .

9. azerpmi

azerpmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tosh 17WLT46 has 2 Scart, 1 RGB, 1 S-video and is *excellent* with digital freeview, got mine from www.tvandvideodirect.co.uk