1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17 inch WS LCD TVs?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Nic Rhodes, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Does anyone habve any first hand experrience of these 17 inch WS LCD TVs that can also be used as a computer screen? I have my eye on a couple at the moment....monitor just gone bang

2. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Dominic, if you have any space for CRT forget about this toy. Knowing from TAG forum that you always aim for quality, you could start going wrong way here :(

All flatscreens (apart from, maybe, newest EIZO Radiforce (2k)) do not even come close in the performance to the ordinary CRT. I have oportunity to put lot of these thru my hands and they are simply no good unless you use it as setup screen for AV32R only :)
    Regards from Vienna

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Miron

Thanks for you words. As you know I am always after the best but I am intrgued by new technologies and learning. My old CRT monitor has gone bang and it is likely to be replaced by a LCD panel anyway for just word proc / internet etc but I am intregued by how TV works on these but also component inputs etc. I could test both component inputs and scalers (for de interlacing artifacts etc) on a fast response WS 17 inch LCD. The one I have an eye on is 1280 x 768, quite DVD friendly resolution so I am tempted. As you say, you only learn by trying these things.:smoke:

so primarily a WS LCD computer panel that also does a few other tricks. Great for pluging in the AV32R for set up when the NEC 9PG isn't needed.

I will keep you posted.