• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

17 - 85mm Canon IS lense

h4rri

Established Member
Just taken delivery of one :D £392 with a Skylight filter from AJ Purdys.

Will be using it for the first time tonight so will upload some pics tomorrow, it's a damned heavy lense compared to the kit 18-55 :eek: My Camera bag is getting heavier by the day, will have arms like popeye soon :rotfl:
 

Bristol Pete

Prominent Member
h4rri said:
Just taken delivery of one :D £392 with a Skylight filter from AJ Purdys.

Will be using it for the first time tonight so will upload some pics tomorrow, it's a damned heavy lense compared to the kit 18-55 :eek: My Camera bag is getting heavier by the day, will have arms like popeye soon :rotfl:

Nice one. Owned one for a while. It is a good everyday lens, very sharp through the range and the IS is a real boon. Sold it as you know but still a very good lens and I only sold it as work dictates that I needed something faster, hence my purchase of the 24 - 70L 2.8, which is very nice but sans IS though no big deal.

Enjoy.

Pete.
 

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
h4rri said:
Just taken delivery of one :D £392 with a Skylight filter from AJ Purdys.
it's a damned heavy lense compared to the kit 18-55 :eek:

Wait until you get the Sigma 10-20 aswell, that is a heavy beast. :cool:
 

h4rri

Established Member
Bristol Pete said:
Nice one. Owned one for a while. It is a good everyday lens, very sharp through the range and the IS is a real boon.

Thanks, am hoping it makes a fantastic walkabout lense :)


Bristol Pete said:
Sold it as you know but still a very good lens

Yeah was seriously interested in your's and someone snapped it up before I could convince the missus I *really* need it :rotfl:

Bristol Pete said:
Enjoy.

Pete.


Cheers bud, here's to [hopefully] some damn good shots :)
 

h4rri

Established Member
Jazz Monkey Jr said:
Wait until you get the Sigma 10-20 aswell, that is a heavy beast. :cool:


Ssshhh, the missus will hear ;) Definately want one of them next then I think I have the full focal range covered. Have seen some fantastic results with them too but think I'd better run a few shots through all the new glass I've grabbed recently before I get anymore :(

Will be using my well earned [:rotfl:] bonus to grab one at the end of August :)
 

wabbitt

Established Member
h4rri said:
I think I have the full focal range covered.

Well looking at your signature, I'm sure that the 1-400 lens should pretty much cover everything :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

No, but seriously, I have the 17-85 IS, and it's the lens that's on the camera most of the time... I'd say about 80% of the time actually.
 

Bristol Pete

Prominent Member
Jazz Monkey Jr said:
How much did you sell it for in the end?

Sold it to a local guy for £330.00 collected. In fairness I under priced it as I actually paid £419.00 which I forgot, though I was happy to sell it to him to help it with his photography. I am far from a miser:)

I then spent £900.00 odd quid on the 24 - 70L which is amazing, seriously amazing.
 

h4rri

Established Member
wabbitt said:
Well looking at your signature, I'm sure that the 1-400 lens should pretty much cover everything :rotfl: :rotfl: :D

No, but seriously, I have the 17-85 IS, and it's the lens that's on the camera most of the time... I'd say about 80% of the time actually.


Heh, it's just a bit cumbersome for a walkabout ;)
 

h4rri

Established Member
Couple of shots from last night, the rest are in my album :)

From a church yard in Camelot:

IMG_5944.jpg



Testing the DOF:

IMG_5936.jpg



*go wide*


IMG_5801.jpg
 

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom