1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17/23" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jomppa, Jun 22, 2004.

1. jomppa

jomppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :confused:

Looking for a decent 17/23" (and reasonably priced) Widescreen LCD TV with good PC inputs from a UK shop which can deliver to Europe (Finland).

Firstly are there any recommendations from anyone who has a 17/23" LCD who uses it for both TV and PC monitor?

Secondly has anyone come across a reputable UK dealer who delivers to Europe.

Thanks

:rolleyes:

2. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm certainly pleased with my philips 23" LCD. Should be able to pick it up over here for about £1k including a matching DVD recorder.

As to who will deliver to your country... I wouldn't know. I'd say to just send them an e-mail to find out and take it from there.

3. @if ®afiq

@if ®afiq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    nealb:

Do you notice any blurring with the Philips???

4. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    not really. with a good connection you do get some ocasional bluring but nothing too bad. at the minute its on freeview on an internal arial and it is generally OK considering the reception isn't that good.

if you want no blur then you're going to have to pau loads more or wait a year or two.

i still think LCD is the way forward and plasma will be the cheap technology in a couple of years.

5. jomppa

jomppa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies. I have honed it down to the JVC23" LCD.

Most places in the UK are doing it for around £1200 and only a few places export to Europe (www.pixmania.com is one of the very few).

I have found a few places in Germany who will post Worldwide (including Finland) for around £750 + postage.

I can't find any reviews anywhere (as other people on these forums have said) but for resolution and size I think it is a decent buy, albeit with no component input.

:smashin: