17" 1080p laptop - £800 to spend

JimNastics

Established Member
Reaction score
My parents have asked me to choose them a laptop, £800 to spend and they have just two main requirements - 17" screen and 1080p resolution. The rest of the spec just needs to be as good as poss. How does this MSI look?

MSI GP72 2QE-061UK i7-5700HQ 8GB 1TB 17.3" DVDSM 9S7-179323-061

Nice i7 cpu, 8GB should be fine, shame about no SSD but it's no biggie. I can't seem to find similar spec laptops from other brands, certainly not with 17" 1080p screens. Any thoughts appreciated!

17" isn't a popular size of laptop size anymore, you mostly find it in gaming machines like the one you linked to.

Which specs are you interested in? Expensive laptops are all about picking the trade-offs you want. The one you linked to has plenty of processing power, but as a result of that you can expect abysmal battery life, a hot laptop and fan noise. If you haven't seen them already notebookcheck does pretty thorough reviews on a lot of laptops, the one for the GP72 is here:
MSI GP72 2QE Leopard Pro Notebook Review

Yep, got the older version of that.

2 hours on the battery just browsing or watching movies. Only gets hot when I edit videos (I am not a gamer) and even then it's only warm compared to the Sony it replaced.

Viewing angle on the screen is poor, which would be my only gripe.

Have a look on dell outlet. They always have good deals on there

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom