For Sale 17” MacBook Pro, 2.2 i7 Quad, 16GB, 1TB Fusion Drive (UK model, early 2011, retail box etc.)

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by TouchStone64, Feb 23, 2014.

1. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi folks,

Here is my trusty 17” MacBook Pro, reluctantly up for sale now that I’ve had to downsize. It’s an A1297 (specifically MC725B/A), but with RAM and storage significantly upgraded. Summary specifications:

Model Identifier:MacBookPro8,3
    Processor Name:Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed:2.2 GHz
    Number of Processors:1
    Total Number of Cores:4
    L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
    L3 Cache:6 MB
    Memory:16 GB
    Graphics:Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB

I’ve owned it from new and it's served me well :) I can guarantee you’ll be very pleasantly surprised by its performance - with the Fusion drive, boot times are up there with the current (late 2013) MacBook Pro. (The drive has been erased/wiped with zeroes and a fresh install of OS X Mavericks is ready for initial setup.)

The Fusion Drive is a 240GB/750GB pairing; an OWC Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G with the stock Apple (Toshiba) HDD. (Physically, the HDD takes the place of the Superdrive, and the SSD takes the place of the HDD. Hence there is no Superdrive in this unit. The Disk Utility shot attached shows this is an OS X Fusion Drive and not a simple logical disk group.)

The MacBook is in excellent condition; everything is in perfect working order. It’s been mainly used for iOS and .NET development (simultaneously running OS X and Windows 7 under Parallels), home video storage/editing and working (OK, playing) with Ableton Live. I can’t see any dead pixels in the (1920x1200 glossy) screen - it’s been regularly cleaned with iKlear and is spotless - and the machine is based in a smoke-free and pet-free home. Battery life is good for its age (stats are in the attached System Report pics attached). The only cosmetic marking is where the zip on my (somewhat snug) laptop bag has marked the front corners. (Marks are clearly shown in the attached pics.)

It really is a great MacBook; I can provide the full Apple System Report on request. The machine will be despatched in its original box with original charger, mains cable etc. I’ll also throw in the compatible aluminium Apple Remote. I’m looking for £900 including insured postage within the UK; offers will be considered. (Postage estimate is £30, so I'll take this off the price for a collection.)

If you have any questions, or need me to post additional photos, let me know in this thread. Photos and system report pics follow:

IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2444.JPG IMG_2441.JPG Storage.Info.png Battery.info.png
    Disk.Utility.png

Price and currency: 900GBP (offers considered)
    Delivery: Delivery cost is Included
    Payment method: Bank Transfer

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Bump for price drop (£950 -> £900) and to add that offers will be considered.

3. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    hope I'm not going to regret this but just bought a Mac Mini from the forum and now wondering if I should have gone for this. I'd like to offer £800 delivered but would prefer cash on collection at £770 if we could agree a mutually acceptable location - I live near Reading so Birmingham might work.

4. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi ziglar, thanks for your interest; I'm afraid a collection would have to be local (South Manchester area) - time and travel costs would rule out anywhere further afield. I'm also aware that travelling further than Birmingham would impact your costs, too...

5. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm just a bit concerned about such a high value transaction being conducted remotely. Would you accept part payment upfront and the rest on delivery?

6. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

How about £800 collected, I'm over the hill in Yorkshire.

Thanks, Tim.

7. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi folks; have checked the Trading Rules as I wasn't sure how to proceed here.

@ziglar: I'd accept half up-front and half on delivery, but since we haven't agreed a price yet I think the offer is open to Tim. However, in the spirit of the 1-hour rule, I think it's only fair to wait to see if you want to make an offer on those conditions (delivery with a 50/50 payment).

@tim: I hope you find this acceptable.

Clearly, a local collection for £800 is more appealing to me than a delivery for £830 (or less), especially with payment split into two parts.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed. If I've violated the principles of the Trading Rules please let me know as I have no intention of doing so...

8. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I also don't want to fall foul of the rules but in the spirit intended if the offer is acceptable to all parties then I'll agree to £830 delivered with £430 paid this evening when I get home and £400 on delivery.

9. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    @tim; taking into account the Trading Rules, any objections?

If I don't hear of any objection by 17:30 GMT I think it's only fair to accept ziglar's offer.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  10. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi there,

I think as I made an unconditional offer then I might purchase it but being a gent I'm fine with ziglar having it but if there are any problems please let me know.

Many hanks Tim.

11. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    much appreciated - going to PM

12. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, thanks both of you. Sold to ziglar - going to PM.

13. firecracker

firecracker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else got something similar to this for sale?

Either a 15 or 17 macbook? <£800

14. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Arrived this morning - remainder of funds transferred. A fantastic piece of kit. Many Thanks

15. TouchStone64

TouchStone64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Glad you like it :) Funds received, many thanks. Archiving thread.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014