16 AWG (1.3 sqmm) Belkin Speaker cable

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30535

Someone posted a question in the cable sections about some 18 AWG Belkin speaker cable from Dell. I suggested 16 AWG as a min for his speakers. He suggested this 16 AWG instead:

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=A1209227

30.5m of Belkin 16 AWG cable with 4 banana plugs.

£6.64 incl fee shipping. :eek:

Buy two of these and double up for 30.5m of 2.6 sq mm cable. That works out at 43.5p per meter for 2.6 sq mm speaker cable and 8 banana plugs! Can't be bad!

forrestgump

wot a bargain!

hughwi

apparently the delivery isnt quite as free as it first appears! the total for two lots of this is £26.20, which is still a bit of a bargain, but just less so!

DES-Lite

Standard Member
well mine was £13.28...still being processed though

and still showing the same when I add to basket??????

did you have anything else in the basket...max. 5 items...offer still good for a week yet (13/1)

D

Deleted member 30535

What?

I tried placing an order, went to the basket and for two reels the price is £13.28

2180970346_11e3719758_o.png

The shipping has been discounted 100%

:confused:

hughwi

I rang the customer service department up, it looks like the discount was removed on my order somehow. I have cancelled it and replaced the order, which has gone through perfectly for £13, strange!

Cheers for this Mr.Incredible, it sure is one good deal! I have only just re cabled my system courtesy of Mr.Grant, but this would be good to have incase needed.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
What?

I tried placing an order, went to the basket and for two reels the price is £13.28

2180970346_11e3719758_o.png

The shipping has been discounted 100%

:confused:

....dont know how you managed to get this....you must have been lucky....
cant get the shipping discount meself?

D

Deleted member 30535

Academic, because it looks like the price is now £14.86 for 30.5m inc VAT and shipping!

:(

CTR_Paul

I've just looked again and most of the prices have risen, although when added to the basket they appear to be the same as before (but no free shipping now!).

D

Deleted member 30535

It makes me think they had had a wrong price in the first place. Oh well.

DES-Lite

Standard Member
Apparently the wrong expiry date was entered...and neither dell or the credit card people tried anything..... trying to see if i can get something close to it...

D

Deleted member 30535

Really? Usually a wrong expiry date shows up as you submit and order and won't be accepted unless the expiry date entered is actually correct.

forrestgump

It appears that Dell have made a few boo boo's recently, I ordered 2 rolls of this and hope it arrives along with my Belkin units!

D

Deleted member 30535

Just to say that even with the delivery now chargeable, even two reels of this cable still works out at 86p per meter of 2.6 mm2 Belkin Pure AV cable. Still a lot less than the Van Damme Blue 2.5 mm2 at nearly £1.80 per meter! As I've said before "Copper is copper".

hughwi

Nice, having checked my emails, it appears that Dell have cancelled my initial order (which included shipping as i had made an ammendment to the shipping address) and now it looks like they are stalling on delivering the correct order for two reels.

Apparently one of the items is not quite ready for delivery and my quoted delivery date is the 21st January. Does anyone reckon they will actually honour this mistake?

CTR_Paul

I might have a roll of this for sale if mine turns up as I've decided to plump for the Silver Series cable instead !

DES-Lite

Standard Member
Hello all, I've got the same email about one of the items not being ready and my date was 18/01 now 07/02.

Something fishy going on... time too cancel me thinks

D

Deleted member 30535

Why? You've got nothing to lose and a reel of excellent quality speaker cable on the cheap. Let it be!

CTR_Paul

My Silver Series Belkin 16AWG cable turned up yesterday (ordered from elsewhere but also at a decent price) and Jesus it's thick stuff!! It's like power cable. I will almost certainly be selling the Blue-Series cable on here and trying to recoup the £16 or so (IIRC) it's costing me.

For those who've ordered it it comprises of several layers (I suspect the Blue Series cable which is what Dell were selling is very similar from what I've read!) See attached diagram that I've drawn up !

Attachments

• belkin_silver_series_cable.jpg
    belkin_silver_series_cable.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 180

DES-Lite

Standard Member
Why? well lets see

1) Will probably need it over the weekend
2) Over the last 3 days its went 07/02,23/01 and 30/01 for delivery i.e. they dont know
3) Just ordered 50 meters of the same stuff from ebay for £17 inc del..... better than 60m for £25 me thinks
4) Well DELL have annoyed me (spot the oversized 4 year old)

Thanks for your help though

DES-Lite

Standard Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I took the plunge today and got the 605 and some Mordaunt Short premiere pack speakers and a bush 2025 dab tuner to go in it

And my 2x25m reels of philips 16 gauage wire arrived yesterday

So now to this doubling up business the wire (as standard i imagine) is split in two (copper look/tin look) .So as i'll be using 2 wires per speaker do I put one complete wire in one of the (black/red) terminals or do I split the ends and put 2 copper ends in one and the to tin ends in the other?

Thansk for your help

hughwi

I got a call from their call centre this morning informing me that the item will be delivered to me on the 29th of January, and that the delivery company will ring me nearer the time! I guess, as these are hardly surge protectors, they have let the mis-pricing go and are honouring these orders.

good luck to everyone, i will let you know if mine turns up!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio