1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16:9 Hitatchi 32ld7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Captain Kak, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Captain Kak

Captain Kak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I am being thick here (probably) but how do you get 16:9. I have tried looking in the set up option and the picture button on the remote, but I can't seem to find it. I have the TV set up in panoramic mode. When, for instance, I am watching sky sports news and the info bar at the bottom is scrolling, I can't see what is coming up. I can get to see it when 14:9 is pressed. Any ideas?

2. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    16:9 is listed as "Full" in the picture modes. Press the button on the bottom row of your remote, second from left. Scroll through until you get to "Full", the one after "Auto".

I always found the panoramic mode on any widescreen TV to be a bit rubbish. In the "Function" menu, I set Default Zoom to 4:3, so that I always get the correct ratio. The TV should then switch between 16:9 and 4:3 according to the material.

14:9 just zooms in a bit, so you will be missing a bit of info off the top and bottom of the screen. Panoramic does all kinds of funky zooming and the like to make a 4:3 image seem like a 16:9 one... I hate it! Sky Sports News is broadcast in 4:3, so to see it all you'll have to put it in 4:3 mode and get the correct ratio, or Full mode and have it out of scale but with all the info on screen.

3. Captain Kak

Captain Kak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Matt :thumbsup: