1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16:9 fixed screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by StephenR, Apr 13, 2003.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been searching various web sites for a 16:9 screen with 100" diagonal which can be fixed to the wall, but I can't seem to find any. I don't want to pay ££££ for a custom made screen, and I thought this would be a fairly standard size. I plan to use it with a Panasonic AE300. Any ideas on where to look?

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    Draper, OWL, Stewart, VuTec.....Or buy some material from Harkness Hall and make yourself a frame. Not sure if they all do 100" diagonal as standard but someone like VuTec will make to that size and charge for nearest larger screen.

Gordon

3. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. The screens I've seen seem a bit pricey. Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to have a retractable screen as I need to mount it about 2 ft away from the wall to give me the screen size I need for the throw distance I have.

4. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Screens measurements are usually advertised by the width measurement.

80" seems to be fairly common which gives a 92" 16:9 diagonal (I think). I have a Da-Lite Model B 80" 16:9 from http://walterstewart.com/uk2shop.htm . It cost £212.

It's a long time since i did pythag at school.