1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

16:9 32" tv with PROGRESSIVE input?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Halcion, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Halcion

Halcion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a good 16:9 (32") tube with progressive signal inputs (preferably via component signals).

I hear that Loewe Aconda with an additional expansion board is able to do this. Am I right?

Also, can anybody confirm that they have successfully fed Loewe, Grundig or LG progressive TVs PAL progressive (576p) so that it has worked?

My local salesman insists that Loewe can do PAL progressive, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

cheers,
    Halcyon

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    He is sort of right. The Aconda with VGA board will take NTSC and PAL Progressive signal on a VGA. However (except for Skyworth chinese player) no player outputs Progressive on anything other than component signals in the UK which you can't get into the tv. Several TVs do PS internally, (generally poorly done), like the Aconda but to my knowledge no conventional TV can accept a PS signal on component in the UK. Plasma and Projector only.

Basically a real dogs ******** of a situation.

I would love to be told I am wrong on this. What we are saying is unless you use a plasma or projector, PS DVD playerS are useless at the moment in the UK.