15M HDMI connection to Optoma HD300X

AVDavid

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently changed my AV amp from an Onkyo 805 to a Yamaha 1073 and I have an Optoma HD300X projector around 15M away.
With 2D images the picture is fine but with 3D I have a problem with the signal strength I know this because connecting my DVD player with a 4M lead direct to the PJ is fine.
I didn't have problems before because the Onkyo has a built in repeater
Can anyone reccomend either a good quality HDMI lead or a repeater extender the HDMI lead I use at the moment is 1.4 compatible
Dave

It may be high speed cable (cable isn't rated 1.3/1.4 only hardware is) David but sometimes over the longer distances hand shake issues can occur. If you get a repeater/ booster may help though so it's worth a try.

I asked a similar question as I needed a 15m hdmi that was being put behind skirtings and channelled into a wall so did not want to take chances to have to dig it out again.

For this reason maybe no one replied as hdmi cables can be quite hit and miss and there are solutions to extra long runs.

I bought a Neet Black Line 15m hdmi which is a thick 24awg cable made for a run this long.

Very pleased with the quality when it arrived and also very thick so make sure you have the space if running it through conduit or similar.

Very important I tested it first to make sure it worked with 1080p, 3d and Xbox which it did and I then fitted it and tested it yet again before completely hiding behind fittings.

I have since also bought a Neet 2 way hdmi splitter (my receiver only has one hdmi out) which also amplifies the hdmi signal too.

They were very informative to my questions too so you could ask them to help.

Please read the descriptions before buying to make sure the product suits you and please ONLY take this post as a pointer as it may not work for you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom