1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~150 Pound 2.0 Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Cyrillic, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Cyrillic

Cyrillic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically I'd only be using these speakers for listening to music. I listen to trance (electronic music) off of my computer. My setup would be:

Foobar > Chaintech AV-710 > Glass toslink > Panasonic XR25 > Speakers???

Please note that none of these components are set in stone, except for the Chaintech which I've already bought. The reason I want to get the Panasonic is because it's a digital reciever so it makes sense to use with a computer, I guess. Plus I just hear good things about digital recievers in general. So anyways, I just need a decent pair of speakers. Sound is most important. If you know where to buy them at a good price, I'd love to know! Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if you think that some part of this setup needs to be changed, please say so.

2. Cyrillic

Cyrillic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm from the US, so you might want to keep that in mind for recommendations. In USD, the speakers would cost about $250-$300, and I'm not opposed to buying used.

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    This a UK Forum, so the majority of members won't be familiar with US speakers unfortunately. Best to visit a US forum or better yet, a good dealer in your area and demo some speakers for yourself.

As a guide I'd look for speakers with a warm sound, rather than some with a pronounced top-end. Avoid metal tweeters. Those digital amps already produce a bright sound, so a set of bright speakers may well make the music tiresome.