1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15" LCD for Computer and TV in Kitchen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Craig B, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Craig B

Craig B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to get a shuttle type pc (maybe a MSI mega pc) for the kitchen which will be connected to my network. I want a 15 inch lcd connected as well as a decent 2.1 speaker system so I can listen to radio, cd's and mp3's and stream Tivo via myHTPC or similar. This is fine, the problem is with the TV. I know I can get a TV in card and display TV on the screen that way, however this means booting up the PC just to watch TV which is not ideal.

If I can find a LCD with either a RF-in (unlikely) or SVideo connecter (maybe) then can I connect a freeview box directly to the LCD? I am wondering about syncs and stuff. If this is possible does anybody know of such a screen, preferably without speakers as I would prefer more powerful external ones. I will be mounting the screen directly to the wall so it would be good if the connectors were on the bottom of the screen and it included a wall-mount.

Cost is an issue. I wouldn't like to spend £4-500 on a LCD TV when I will never use the tuner or speakers. Alternatively is there another option that I haven't thought of?

2. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This doesn't match your requirements exactly but isn't bad for the money. I've got one and can't complain about anything with it apart from the blacks going very hazy when not in the correct viewing cone (but that's LCD for ya). The speakers aren't too bad considering, but there's also an output for a sub-woofer if you want to beef it up a bit.

Relisys 17" Widescreen LCD with Tuner, S-vid, Component (via VGA) and DVI)

3. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Sounds like another plug for the DABS value ATECH 18.1" job is required. Do a search in this forum for DABS.com and you should turn the link up.

4. sunil4

sunil4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the toshiba 14VL43 can be had for 379,99 online and is a fantastic peice of kit. Has rf/ s-video and scart inputs as well and component video IIRC (i am not techy)

I bought mine for 399.99 from tvandvideodirect.co.uk in Sep but they have now reduced to 379.99 - dont buy from richer sounds as they dont have UK supplied stock always
    its not widescreen though but looks the best and performs very well - i think mine is better now than it was originally......

5. wbessada

wbessada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    This would probably be perfect for you....

http://www.neovo.com/products/X-15AV_X-15A.htm

These have s-video and composite inputs

I can supply these in 15" 17" and 19" if you're interested PM me and they're quite a lot cheaper than anything with a built in analogue tuner.

Regards,
    William