1400 cases child abuse -Rotherham

The fact is that vulnerable children are being let down by the system over and over again. Researching the ethnicities of the perps, whilst of some use, does nothing to resolve the issue of why kids are being failed.

I think, as with so much of what this awful Tory government does (and not every Tory government has been awful, nor every Labour one good), this is purely to satisfy the readership of the Daily Mail and Daily Express that those evil foreign dark skinned people (and they are evil, make no bones about it) are the issue, rather than the Government and Local Authorities failing the kids in the first place.

The fact is that vulnerable children are being let down by the system over and over again. Researching the ethnicities of the perps, whilst of some use, does nothing to resolve the issue of why kids are being failed.
Agreed, but fixing the failing of children also doesn't do anything about the root cause of these issues. The two actions aren't mutually exclusive.

I think, as with so much of what this awful Tory government does (and not every Tory government has been awful, nor every Labour one good), this is purely to satisfy the readership of the Daily Mail and Daily Express that those evil foreign dark skinned people (and they are evil, make no bones about it) are the issue, rather than the Government and Local Authorities failing the kids in the first place.
Hmmm let not dismiss the actual perpetuators....They weren't failing in the first place at all. The evil bastards were failing their fellow human beings in the first place.

Hmmm let not dismiss the actual perpetuators....They weren't failing in the first place at all. The evil bastards were failing their fellow human beings in the first place.

Who's dismissing them?

To carry out their heinous crimes they needed motive and opportunity. Their opportunity was made far easier by the failings at national and local government level to look after and protect vulnerable children in care.

Agreed, but fixing the failing of children also doesn't do anything about the root cause of these issues. The two actions aren't mutually exclusive.

The root cause is the failing of these children by the Government, local and national. If they'd been looked after properly and if police had been less dismissive, they'd never have been put in harms' way. Investigating the ethnicities of the known perpetrators won't stop abuse happening in the future. Improving child protection and police resourcing will.

This article quotes the police chief in charge of child protection talking about there being an estimated 20,000 British men interested in abusing children. Not all of them will get the opportunity, but they have motivation to try it.

Estimated 20,000 British men interested in sexually abusing children

The root cause is the failing of these children by the Government, local and national. If they'd been looked after properly and if police had been less dismissive, they'd never have been put in harms' way.
WTF???? Are you serious. That is like saying that if women dress more modestly they'd wouldn't be raped. OMFG I can't believe what I'm reading here.

what the fudge???? Are you serious. That is like saying that if women dress more modestly they'd wouldn't be raped. OMFG I can't believe what I'm reading here.

It's not saying that at all. But then it's not like you to jump the gun and misinterpret other people's posts, is it?

what the fudge???? Are you serious. That is like saying that if women dress more modestly they'd wouldn't be raped. OMFG I can't believe what I'm reading here.
Calm down dear, Nabby never said anything like that

These children were horrendously failed as I have posted previously without being accused of victim blaming (apart from a banned member who was pushing a particular narrative)

If Sadiq Khan ordered this into the perpetrators of the murders in London would he get credit or be derided? My money is on derided.
Muslim Sajid is trying too hard to avoid all the crap that Muslim Sadiq gets. He's already ahead just by being a Tory, but has to do this too ...
- not blocking the death penalty for the 'Isis Beatles'
- this inquiry

Calm down dear, Nabby never said anything like that

These children were horrendously failed as I have posted previously without being accused of victim blaming (apart from a banned member who was pushing a particular narrative)
I agree that the children were failed which I acknowledged. Don’t agree that that failure is the root cause, absolutely never. That is why I reacted the way I did.

It's not saying that at all. But then it's not like you to jump the gun and misinterpret other people's posts, is it?
Yes it is, you say the root cause is the failure by he government central and local. I’m sorry, but no that is not the root cause. These evil creatures are the root cause. And you even providing excuses to the government for their actions is exactly why they’ve been getting away with it. The culture is wrong in the U.K. if the actual problem is being dismissed.

Sexual predatory behaviour towards (vulnerable) minors is not a recent phenomenon. It's been going on for so many years. These children are meant to be protected by the people caring for them.

I spell it out again, for the last time - the abusers are evil. But there are evil people in the world. The government has failed these kids in not protecting them adequately from these evil people.

Question - if the kids had been given the proper protection and safeguarding, would so many have suffered abuse?

I'll ask you again, what good does investigating the ethnicities of the abusers do, when we already know their ethnicities?

It's easy to say "the government" if you want to play the blame game.
It is important to look at what agencies failed or even plain let the children down so those who need to be are punished and the ones that try get better support.

Sexual predatory behaviour towards (vulnerable) minors is not a recent phenomenon. It's been going on for so many years. These children are meant to be protected by the people caring for them.

I spell it out again, for the last time - the abusers are evil. But there are evil people in the world. The government has failed these kids in not protecting them adequately from these evil people.

Question - if the kids had been given the proper protection and safeguarding, would so many have suffered abuse?

I'll ask you again, what good does investigating the ethnicities of the abusers do, when we already know their ethnicities?
The problem I have with it is that you laid the root cause with the people not protecting those affected instead of those committing those vile violations and crimes. And you continue blaming them.

Question - if these vile men didn’t do these things would there even be a need for protection and safeguarding ;)

The root cause should be eliminated, and if there is a significant problem in a particular group or culture then that is worth while investigating to try and stop it at its origin.

Men seem to be the primary, although not sole, perpetrators.

Being a smart **** is not appropriate for a subject like this.
Or do you think it is funny?

Being a smart **** is not appropriate for a subject like this.
Or do you think it is funny?
It might be useful to quote who you actually mean by that comment, as I’d be offended if it was directed to me.

The problem I have with it is that you laid the root cause with the people not protecting those affected instead of those committing those vile violations and crimes. And you continue blaming them.

Question - if these vile men didn’t do these things would there even be a need for protection and safeguarding ;)

The root cause should be eliminated, and if there is a significant problem in a particular group or culture then that is worth while investigating to try and stop it at its origin.

I'm not so naive as to believe there's potential for a world free of crime and criminals. I'm surprised you are.

There is no significant problem within a particular group or culture. Did you not read the link I posted above earlier about 20,000 British men? If you want to play the race card, then don't beat around the bush, play it and justify it/back it up. Hiding behind winking emojis doesn't clarify things.

But as you've obviously identified the ethnicity of those you believe to be the main offenders, then pray tell us all why the Home Secretary needs research into their ethnicities? Do you think there's a chance it's a genetic issue?

I'm not so naive as to believe there's potential for a world free of crime and criminals. I'm surprised you are.

There is no significant problem within a particular group or culture. Did you not read the link I posted above earlier about 20,000 British men? If you want to play the race card, then don't beat around the bush, play it and justify it/back it up. Hiding behind winking emojis doesn't clarify things.

But as you've obviously identified the ethnicity of those you believe to be the main offenders, then pray tell us all why the Home Secretary needs research into their ethnicities? Do you think there's a chance it's a genetic issue?
Ok so the conversation has moved on and is no longer about Rotherham? Well that explains the disconnect then. Ofcourse there are other predators doing this as well. But we’ve been around that loop several times. This is specifically related to the subject of this thread and in the context as such. Why feel the need to keep steering away from that?

And no I don’t think it is genetic, my guess would be much more culturel opposed to anything else. But what kind of cultural and why it manifests itself here isn’t clear.

I think it is good that the government is brave enough not shy away from it and shut the conversation down again. Nobody should treat women and girls (nor boys and men) like that.

Ok so the conversation has moved on and is no longer about Rotherham? Well that explains the disconnect then.

Erm, just a quick glance through the previous 2 or 3 pages of this thread throws up the following that aren't about Rotherham:

Here we go again it seems. Note: Asian girls were also victims of this (it's buried in the article) -
UK's 'worst ever' child grooming scandal with 100s of girls sold for sex exposed

Goes back to the 1980's and if what the Mirror is reporting turns out to be accurate, then yowza.

I'm sure there's many more I could find gong back further.

Of course there are other predators doing this as well. But we’ve been around that loop several times. This is specifically related to the subject of this thread and in the context as such. Why feel the need to keep steering away from that?

I'm not steering away from anything. You're misinterpreting my posts and deciding that I am, in spite of other forum members telling you otherwise as well.

And no I don’t think it is genetic, my guess would be much more culturel opposed to anything else. But what kind of cultural and why it manifests itself here isn’t clear.

I think it is good that the government is brave enough not shy away from it and shut the conversation down again. Nobody should treat women and girls (nor boys and men) like that.

At least we can agree on that :)

This thread was about the failings of Rotterdam and then grooming gangs now its just seems to be paedophiles in general.

MOD COMMENT:
I think it would be helpful if people made it clear whether they were discussing the Rotherham case in particular or child abuse throughout the UK when making a point where the context matters, particularly if racial background is mentioned.

Ok so the conversation has moved on and is no longer about Rotherham? Well that explains the disconnect then. Ofcourse there are other predators doing this as well. But we’ve been around that loop several times. This is specifically related to the subject of this thread and in the context as such. Why feel the need to keep steering away from that?

Oh and one more point; you keep referring as an investigation into their ethnicity. I think you are being a bit devious in suggesting that as that is not what the ask is. This may explain it a little better. One could naturally argue that that should have been done a very long time ago. Grooming: Sajid Javid orders officials to build profile of sex gangs

Erm, just a quick glance through the previous 2 or 3 pages of this thread throws up the following that aren't about Rotherham:

I'm sure there's many more I could find gong back further.

I'm not steering away from anything. You're misinterpreting my posts and deciding that I am, in spite of other forum members telling you otherwise as well.

At least we can agree on that :)
Yes the comments and the profiling requested by the Home Secretary is. So when discussing that I’d argue that that context is rather important.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom