1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14 dead pixels - Amazon policy

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by SonOfSony, Sep 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SonOfSony

SonOfSony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received PSP from Amazon yesterday. It has at least 14 dead pixels spread all over the screen - probably more as some are close together. I have complained on email and they agreed to a straight swap as soon as they receive new stock in a week or so.

I have refused to send them my PSP until they tell me they have a replacement ready. While I can use it for games without seeing the pixels, with movies, it stands out like a sore thumb.

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    That's the pain of buying online. If there's problems, there's a long wait, which is why I generally don't buy expensive hardware online. The PSP was an exception, as I got it 4 months ago.

3. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would just contact Sony directly, you would probably get it swapped in a day or two.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Are the pixels actually dead? If they are solid black or solid white they are dead, if they are green, red or blue they are just stuck. Try uploading the video to it floating around the internet that allows you to unstick your pixels.

Worth a shot.

5. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    If he's got 14 dead pixels the chances are a few will be coloured stuck pixels and the rest will be dead white pixels clustered in roughly the same region.

I've seen many psp screens and the type you have is totally unacceptable, contact Sony and demand a replacement straight away, the video. Games Guru mentioned will be useless if you have clusters of white pixels as they cannot be brought back to life.

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    14 - thats rough!

I only have one white one, thats on far left, near edge, only noticeable on black background

7. nm10721

nm10721
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    think i had about 25 white pixels with my 1st jap 1.50 psp, 2nd one only has 1-2