• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

14 Day EPG

TonyStrud

Standard Member
I currently use a Thomson 4000 PVR which has a 14 day EPG and am thinking it's about time I upgraded it to gain the benefit of series link recordings. Does anyone know if any of the current PVRs have a 14 day EPG?

Thanks in anticipation
Tony

creddish

I currently use a Thomson 4000 PVR which has a 14 day EPG and am thinking it's about time I upgraded it to gain the benefit of series link recordings. Does anyone know if any of the current PVRs have a 14 day EPG?

Thanks in anticipation
Tony
The Thomson Top Up TV PVR here and the Wharfedale Top Up TV PVR here have a 14 day EPG. The earlier TUTV Thomsons also have it.

Colin

Hal_loe

I believe only 7 days of EPG Data is broadcast on Freeview. So you have to have an alternative source of EPG data.

Hence the two Top-Up TV boxes mentioned.

The Topfield 5800 and 5810 can obtain additional days from the Radio Times website if connected via a slug to the internet / PC and running a TAP (Topfield Application Program) to harvest / use the data.

See the Toppy Website / Forum for more details.

Hope that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom