1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13W7 & BK Elec MF1000, Opinions!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by skeet94, Dec 5, 2004.

1. skeet94

skeet94
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everyone,

I'm Mitul, from London.

I'm a newbie when it comes to Home Audio, although I do know a thing or two about Car Audio.

Anyways I bought a single 13W7 from JL Audio earlier this year thinking of using it in the car, one of the reference subwoofers for car audio that every other sub is compared against.

Considering JL Audio is going into the HT Market themselves with the same driver (different impedance), I was thinking of using it in the home as well and I was just curious as to what you would think would be better.

A ported enclosure of 3.5 cu.ft volume tuned to 22hz or I was thinking 4cu.ft to 19hz would be better?

Or would you rather do sealed @ 2.45 cu.ft and have an EQ to boost the lower frequencies?

NOTE: This sub is on the level as, if not better than the XXX sub project done on here a while back :).

I was leaning more towards ported BUT I'm not too sure :( as I'm going 50/50 on music/HT, and I listen to all sorts of music from Hip-Hop/RNB/Rock/Classical/Alternative/etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs on the sub are:

FS: 23.5
    QES: 0.476
    QMS: 7.517
    QTS: 0.448
    VAS: 3.68 cu.ft (104.3 liters)
    One-way linear x-max: 1.25" (32mm)
    Thermal Power Handling: 1000 watts continuous
    Reference Efficiency (no): 0.269%
    Efficiency (SPL @ 1w/1m): 86.3db
    DC Resistance (Re): 2.41 ohms
    Effective Piston Area (Sd): 107.35 square inches (0.0693 square meters).
    Nominal Impedance (Znom): Dual 1.5 ohms

Thanks,

Mitul.