1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1368x768

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rick1486, May 9, 2003.

1. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I've posted a similar question before, but have not had any success.
    Here goes then. Monitor 1 via vga from p.c. = lg flatron 1510s max resolution 1024x768. Monitor 2 via dvi from p.c. = sony hs10pj max resolution via powerstrip = 1368x768. Hotkeys set up to view either display independently or both on at the same time. No probs so far.
    I've installed various games including igi2, superbike2000, medal of honor etc., sometimes having physically disconnected the lg monitor to try and fool the game into thinking (using powerstrip res. on the pj) that it can run at a res. higher than 1024x768, BUT IT NEVER WORKS!
    The max. I can get is 1024x768 and even more frustrating is that game splash screens centre perfectly on the pj at that res. but the actual games move themselves to the l/h/s of the screen and look cack!
    HOW do I get around this problem as not all games allow custom res's to be set in their system files. Is it something basic I'm overlooking?
    Please help!
    Rick

2. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on boys and girls someone must know an answer to this one.

3. originalbadboy

originalbadboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Unfortuanalty .. most if not all games now rely on directX (or OpenGL), which , unless the developer has built in the options for custom resolutions, which they never would, you will not get the option in the game.

The problem is probably being caused by the fact that you are effectlively using dual displays (tell me if im wrong). That being the case, the game is probably quizzing the default monitor driver (which would probably be the LCD monitor) , and gets the max res from that.

I would try completely unplugging the LCD monitor, Reboot the PC , so you are just using a single display, then try running a game , and see if you get any other res options.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, a custom monitor driver for the HS10 (create a .ini driver from Powerstrip) will allow any games I've tried to run widescreen @ 1366x768.

Not in the correct aspect ratio though, but still OK depending on the game.

:smoke:

5. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads, much appreciated. Now then Kramer how about a step by step to creating the .ini driver in powerstrip - pretty please!
    Cheers
    Rick

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I offered a "personal visit" recently - too late now :p

Not too difficult to do in Powerstrip - we know you can do it!

:)

7. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh that's charming lol - every man for himself now!