1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1366 x 768 res on lcd not working- help(!)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by WSB, May 31, 2005.

1. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm having trouble getting the max res on my PC displayed out to the Relisys TV. In short- its just not letting me!!!!! My original graphics card is a GeForce 4200i (128mb) but when trying to display 1366 x 768 the picture seems all squashed- as if it isnt really that res. I've also got a 256MB Radeon 9600 (fanless) and when trying to get the max res on this I get a thin band on the far right of the screen as well as some horizontal flickering every few seconds. I've installed powerstrip and messed about with the settings as per the manual but nothing. I'm currently running the Radeon with a 1024 x 768 display which works ok but I'd obviously love to get the 1 to 1 pixel mapping to get a best picture available. I've tried the latest drivers with Catalyst 5.5, 5.4 and even 5.3 but no luck.

It recognises my VGA monitor as something strange -cant quite remember exactly what now but could this be it?

This has all been tried via DVI - havent checked via standard vga cable.

On another point- I'm trying to use DVD Decryptor using IFO mode but cant seem to get it to playback via Theatertek. anyone point me to a dummies guide?

And finally..... I cant get the audio output to work at all via Theatertek when watching a dvd- managed to configure windows media player ok but Theatertek just wont work.

ok- thats about it for now- any help is greatly appreciated.

2. reddom

reddom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    This is a common issue with many LCD tv's and PC's. A lot only support 'standard' pc resolutions (e.g 1024x768)even though they are not pixel perfect. Have a look in the lcd forums to see lots of threads with unhappy people not able to get pefect resolution on even otherwise high end lcd's such as the phillips 32" etc.
    I'm fairly sure that you wont get 1366x768, but you should be able to get 1360x768 or 1368x768 out of your pc. Whether your TV will accept it is a different matter. It is worth trying VGA instead as often the resolutions that are accepted are different on different inputs. also try changing the refresh interval between 50 and 60hz. some will do both others only one of these.
    It took me ages to get 1368x768 on my sharp lcd via DVI. (2 pixels overscan) I had to use the tv in 'Dot for Dot' mode and use powerstrip.

RD