1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1366*768 good or bad for pc

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by carlo67, Jun 3, 2005.

1. carlo67

carlo67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. WSB

WSB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thats the max resolution you can use- each tv supports several resolutions.

In fact- I have a Relisys 32" and havent got my PC to display that resolution correctly- I get slight horizontal flickering and a little overlay on the right hand side of my screen. Apparantly it depends on the graphics card but I couldnt get my GeForce 4200i (128mb) or my upgraded Radeon 9600 (256mb) to work- both didnt work in different ways. Anyway- I digress- I've settled for 1280x768 which fills the screen and still looks good- not a one to one pixel mapping but I've given up complaining about it.

3. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A 32" screen is not good for normal use of computers.
    At a normal viewing distance you have a much too large screen which you cannot oversee.
    At a good working distance the screen is so far away that you will have difficulty to concentrate on reading text.
    At a normal TV viewing distance the text will be too small to read. Forget about websurfing on the TV.

You will need two screens. One for watching TV (32" is nice), and one for the PC (where 20" is about the maximum and most people would use 17").

4. Deku

Deku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed 1360x768 is nearest resolution my gfx card will produce (nvidia fx5200). If you match the panel's native resolution there will be no re-scaling involved, and the quality should be the same as a normal lcd monitor.

5. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
    do pc games look good on a 32" lcd though? as im thinking of hooking a pc to one and a 17" tft monitor for surfing etc?

what gfx card do u recommend (max of £150)

cheers
    jason

6. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    As Rob suggests, 1366x768 is too low a resolution on a 32" display for everyday (non gaming) computing on a PC. My laptop is 1024x768 on a 13" display and is a very comfortable size at 2 ft - equate that to an estimated 15" for a 1366x768 widescreen equivalent. So you are goint to need to sit much further away, pay more for the screen and get no extra real estate to show for the extra dosh.