1360x768 Help

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by GinyouForce, Mar 23, 2006.

1. GinyouForce

GinyouForce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK Ive just gone out and purchased this HDTV, Samsung LE27T51B 27" HD Ready LCD-TV. And I have to say, Im very impressed with it :D

But currently after playing around with it for a few days Im really struggling to get my PC hooked up to it with a resolution on 1360x768. The TV set supports it but for some reaason, im not sure what Im doing wrong, I can get a PC output resolution on the screen (I think its 1280x720) but when I try to add a custom resoluton of 1360x768 it doesnt like i, stating that mode is supported.

I know for fact that the TV does support 1360,768 because I have my Xbox360 connected via VGA to the HDTV and have set it up to output that signal via the xbox360 Dashboard, and even when I click the info button on my TV remote it displays 1360x768 as the resoluton.

So how come I cant output this signal from my PC when I attempt to via a custom resolution? What am I doing wrong

(also I am going form PC DVI to the Tv's DVI)

2. Boogie Badman

Boogie Badman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Are you connecting via the DVI socket? try the VGA and all your problems will be solved.

3. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Also what graphics card do you have installed aswell as what drivers for you GPU.

4. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If the graphics card isn't fairly new, and you haven't updated the drivers recently, your PC probably won't recognise the display, so won't offer the correct resolution.

Download the latest drivers, and all should work properly.

I had the same problem with the GF4600 in my old PC. Updating the drivers allowed the PC to correctly see the TV, and 1360x768 @60Hz was in the list of available resolutions.

5. dcm

dcm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but were u using a dvi cable clockworks?

6. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    You should be able to create a option for 2 displays through Detect TV in most ATi and NVidia cards. As long as you have the lastest drivers.

7. jedi-jae

jedi-jae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I find the easiest set up is to connect the PC to the screen before turning it on. that way it should detect the LCD, but you will still need to change the PC resolution to 1366x768, or whatever it is.

Also, check your tv manual, you may have to change a setting to support WXGA for PC connection.

8. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Just install power strip and select the resolution from there

9. cooperda

cooperda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Not much help - but with my Philips 26in LCD that has 1366x768 it will only allow my PC input to go up to 1024x768 giving a 4x3 shaped screen. If I then press the widescreen button I get a stretched image.

To watch a wmv clip in Windows Media player that looks OK in widescreen I have to untick the 'keep aspect ratio' and then alter it until the 'shapes' are right. I can't just click the 'show in full screen' because then the picture shape is wrong.

Quite a feww LCDs don't allow full 1366x768 via a PC link.

Cheers, Dave C.

10. GinyouForce

GinyouForce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a graphics card, I am using a Nvidia Gefore 7800GTX so its fairly new ;) and I', using the latest set of drivers.

Havent tried VGA, was hoping to keep the xbox on the VGA connection and use the PC on DVI. I may try VGA over the weekend if it makes a difference.

Yeah I did try the various resolutions in Powerstrip but none of the 1360x768 resolutions worked :(

11. Quickbeam

Quickbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this TV only supports HDTV resolutions/timings over DVI (720p/[email protected]/60Hz), so 1360 x 768 will not work.

12. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +920
    Yes - it is quite common for displays not to accept DVI/HDMI feeds in their native resolution, and instead to only accept the standard HD resolutions.

Some HD displays (I'm pretty sure some Sony's) actually do two lots of scaling internally - scaling every input to 720p and then scaling the 720p to the panel resolution (of say 768)

13. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    No, I use VGA.

I missed the last line of the OP's post :suicide:

14. craigallison

craigallison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya mate,

I had similar problems with my mate's PC and I removed all instances of displays from the Device Manager and turned the PC off. (Shutdown not restart!) it should then autodetect the new display and allow you to change to the 1366 * 768 resolution. I have this on my PC now that I am looking at typing this message via the VGA port on my Samsung 26" LCD TV.

hope that helps.

Craig

15. Quickbeam

Quickbeam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bravia LCDs scale twice? That might explain why I find the integrated Freeview tuner picture more artifacty on Sony's direct view LCDs than the 3LCD RPTV models. The RPTVs are 720p native while the direct view LCDs are 768p.

16. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +920
    I didn't say Bravias - just some Sony HD displays. I'm not familiar with how Bravia's work so can't comment.

However some earlier Sony 768 line displays apparently scaled all sources to a common 720p first, and then scaled the 720 to 768 as a separate process.