13 Reasons why (Netflix)

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So been watching this over the last few nights and while its not my usually cup of tea I was strangely drawn into it. Now the story is about a young girl who commits suicide so I'm not giving anything away when I say it was shown in the final episode. Now I found it quite difficult to watch which I guess what the shows point but be interested to hear others thoughts on the final?

This caught my eye due to its score on IMDb, is it aimed at teens or is it ok for adults?

This caught my eye due to its score on IMDb, is it aimed at teens or is it ok for adults?
Well I'm 47 and really enjoyed it.

Mrs scrapbook really liked this.

It had a bit of a lull in the middle but on the whole a great show. Very ballsy in terms of what it shows. I think its unfair to label this as young adult. It certainly isn't Twilight.

I loved this. Such a powerful series and I was really moved by the final episode. I though that the characters (and the cast portraying them) were fantastic and whilst it's based around the lives of a group of school kids, the adults in the show are well integrated with the story. The wife didn't bother watching it and just kept questioning why I was watching some teenage angst show (she can talk being a Twilight fan!), but it really is much more than that and I'd go as far to say that it's aimed at young adults and above at the very minimum.

I honestly have not been as moved by a TV show as much as this for a very long time. It did take a little while to suck me in and then dipped in the middle (I actually didn't watch for a couple of weeks somewhere in the middle), but it all came together really strongly.

I guess from my perspective, I related back to when I was at School, but also related from the parents angle, having two children of my own. Great show and I'd recommend it to anyone.

The wife didn't bother watching it and just kept questioning why I was watching some teenage angst show
Lol my Mrs was the same, kept saying why are you watching this depressing show again.

My wife watched it after our daughter (14) watched it. My wife found it quite distressing and we can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that our daughter has seen it. Our daughter had to keep pausing the final episode as she found it hard to watch.

My wife watched it after our daughter (14) watched it. My wife found it quite distressing and we can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that our daughter has seen it. Our daughter had to keep pausing the final episode as she found it hard to watch.
I'm encouraging our daughter to watch it (15) think it sends a strong message regarding abuse. Agree though not comfortable viewing.

Heard a lot of good things about this. Will certainly check it out after clearing my current backlog!

Kids recommended it to me after I declared it was just for teenagers.
Really enjoyed it but not sure how they will do a 2nd series

Kids recommended it to me after I declared it was just for teenagers.
Really enjoyed it but not sure how they will do a 2nd series
Theory is she's not dead yet. The interviews had a future date stamp of 10/17 I think and a number of references to this date? Could be just fans getting carried away but did think the future date was odd, unless the show was due to be released until later in the year?

we blasted through it last weekend and thought it was very good, compelling viewing. We didn't intend to do it all over two days but once we finished episode 2 it had it's hooks in and we kind of felt the need to keep going with it.
I thought the cast did an excellent job with some very hard hitting material. Top quality stuff all round. It did make me very glad I'm not a parent, though

Just finished it. Powerful stuff.

Not sure it needs a season 2, it's certainly needs to go some to top that. Guess we'll see where they go with it.

Thinking about it maybe S2 could be about
Tyler, going postal at the school or something, with his box full of guns?

I did this in 2 days and have to say I haven't stopped thinking about it since. Various implausible series of events aside it's powerful stuff and the central tragedy had me bawling my eyes out as a 53 year old man. I don't think anything's moved me as much in years but at least it proves I still have feelings. Beautifully shot, directed and acted - give it a go but have a box of kleenex handy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom