• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

13.3'' Vaio Help

SéanEire

Standard Member
Mkay, I am going to buy myself a neat little 13'' laptop and have it down to a choice, due to locality and price reasons this is defo the best for my need.

Its a refurbished Sony Vaio SZ-71E/B.

GRADE A1 - As New - Sony VAIO SZ71E/B Laptop 43758 - Laptops Direct

It is ok value and after finding out any decent laptop that is not 15.4''+ or 12''- is a ripoff it seems good value lol.

Anyways before I buy I just want to check what people here think or know from experience or just IT knowledge. I havnt found much on reviews or info online. I got lots of Vaio reviews but none for this model.

Thanks...

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The Geforce 8400M chips are known to have a much higher rate of failure than normal, but it looks like it may have hybrid graphics so you may be able to force the laptop to not use it at all. Some manufacturers have extended warranties covering that specific failure but I don't know what sony's policy is.

It looks like a fairly old system actually, maybe a year old.

If you don't need the high spec CPU then what about something like the upcoming Acer Timeline 3810T?

SéanEire

Standard Member
Well I ordered it, got it little cheaper as sterling dropped last night.

I read up on the 8400 graphics problem but Im just going hope its ok and by now they have it fixed, Im planning on using the onboard graphics anyway for better battery life as this wont be gaming machine so fingers crossed.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom